Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Anyone use a "Metal Circular Saw" for cutting Tray? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

-Matt

-
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Cheers, Well i went for it and ordered the Milwaukee which turned up this morning.

It absolutely flies through tray, and actually leaves a very neat cut.
Feels a good quality tool as well.

Can think it will also be good for steel conduit, din rail, steel hydraulic tube etc.

Will be interesting to see how long the blade stays sharp for.

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Aico 3000
Andy5678

Andy5678

-
Esteemed
Arms
Can those metal blades be used on other circular saws more suited to woodwork

M

-Matt

-
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can those metal blades be used on other circular saws more suited to woodwork
I think so, its just the motor speed is optimum for steel (slower), so it may burn the blade out quicker, plus the metal chards would come out of the dust port into your face - rather than staying under the saw.

nicebutdim

nicebutdim

-
Good point there.
I'd posted that circular saws intended for wood run quite a bit faster, but realised that this isn't the case with all of them. Another post highlighted speed before I had a chance to edit :relaxed:

PEG

PEG

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
I have used the Rage Evolution type of blades,to cut boarding used around the bank cash machines .... legitimately....it is 32mm ply,sheathed both sides with a thin,bonded layer of stainless steel sheet. It coped fairly easily,but the waste material is brutal :(

For the perfect job on the OP's trailer work,might i recommend,investing in a water laser,or Fibre laser....lovely finish and +/- 0.1mm ;)

Reply to Anyone use a "Metal Circular Saw" for cutting Tray? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

Top Bottom