Discuss AP12 Authorised person LV - electrical commercial course notes in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

H

HVsafe

Hi there, I'm new to the forum and was wondering if anyone has any info on the AP12 authorised person commercial, electrical course, or been on one. I start the course i a couple of weeks and just want to know what I'm in for

Done both APHV and APLV along way back, personally I found the LV course much more involved and considerably more difficult, lots to think of, UPs, GenSets, No break Sets, back feeds the list goes on.

The AP tickets only lasted three years, if you didn't do a refresher before your ticket lapsed you had to repeat the whole 4 week course, oh and there was an exam both practical and written at the end, which you had to pass to become an AP.

Never heard of an APLV Commercial, LV is LV where ever you are.

Hi there, I'm new to the forum and was wondering if anyone has any info on the AP12 authorised person commercial, electrical course, or been on one. I start the course i a couple of weeks and just want to know what I'm in for
Im currently an APLV. I did my course quite recently and was appointed by the firms Authorised Engineer (AE) shortly after. There is a lot of responsibility attached to the role. It is basically providing detailed switching schedules, drawings and issuing permits to work so that work with more complex isolations can be carried out safely by the CP (competent person) who actually carries out the job. It is all very formal and exacting work with signed for handovers, times etc. I enjoy it personally. The course was very in depth with a practical and exam at the end. Not everyone passed.

Last edited:

Reply to AP12 Authorised person LV - electrical commercial course notes in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock