Discuss Apologies in advance for the dumb question on current... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Spark2be

If you take the domestic 230V and the standard Ze for a TNS of 0.8 ohms and using ohms law;
I = V / R you get a current of 287.5A
Where does the standard main 100A or 150A breaker fit into this?

Please excuse my naivety, I can't get my head around this and I probably need it spelt out to me :) be gentle, again I am a rookie!!

If you take the domestic 230V and the standard Ze for a TNS of 0.8 ohms and using ohms law;
I = V / R you get a current of 287.5A
Where does the standard main 100A or 150A breaker fit into this?

Please excuse my naivety, I can't get my head around this and I probably need it spelt out to me :) be gentle, again I am a rookie!!
They don't. You'd be lucky to get a 100A supply for anything where the Ze is 0.4ohms or above.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Apologies in advance for the dumb question on current... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

B
Prefix - I've tried to post this in automotive, but it would not let me. This may be because I have not been recently active. Apologies if this is...
Replies
Views
D
Hi I'm new to this forum and only posting because I'm stuck and cannot answer it myself I have a 2001 transit jumbo mobile workshop. I have...
Replies
Views
hi I have a question, it's a bit of a long one i'm afraid! It's from a book, and it's been niggling me for a while. Ok, An example of circuit...
Replies
Views
1livewire

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock