Search the forum,

Discuss Apprentice funding?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

kezzsmith

Don't know if any of you have employed a apprentice recently.. Just trying to find out some more facts about funding...
College have told the employed looking at employing me that he cant get funding due to my age, I'm 20 now.

And I was positive I could get some sort of funding, but college is telling me and employer different. Everything I have read up online says... He gets £1500 and 50% all college fee's.. Up to the age of 24..

But college is saying different!

Wondered if anyone could shed any light on this!?

Thanks in advanced

Well its no secret about my views on colleges and apprenticeships but as I understand it if the 1st year of the course has been started before the apprentice is signed up to the employer you get nothing as the employer and 100% of the funding goes to the college. ie you do 90% of the training and they get 100% of the money.

It's such a nightmare to understand it all! If I cant funding for some reason, Looks like I'll have to do it self employed wise.
Just read your thread on it, so cleared alot up on facts for me.

thats what i did, i started aprentaship when i turned 19.

they do funding uptill 25 i belive

now funding keeps dropping at certain ages e.g. they get more for 16 year old than 18 and more for 18 year old than 25 year old

Yeah iv heard about JTL shall sort that out tomorrow.

Just would like to know more on why I dont qualify for funding now!

When though it was up to 24 year olds

Yeah iv heard about JTL shall sort that out tomorrow.

Just would like to know more on why I dont qualify for funding now!

When though it was up to 24 year olds

its not that you dont get funding, its they get less if they take you on. if you wait till near the deadline they will definatly take you on when it looks they wont fill there available slots

See yeah i knew they got less, or thought they did.
But my local college have said potential employed will get none..
We are waiting on a call tomorrow to arrange a meeting with someone else.
Because I'm not sure other person was correct or if he knew his ar$e from his elbow lol

Reply to Apprentice funding?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back