Discuss Apprentice Xmas lights question in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Good evening

I’m still learning at college and curious as Xmas just approaching regarding Xmas led string lights and there power supply transformers.

My questions is:

For an example a set of lights we have says 4.5v dc/ 3.6va output.

My question is what happens if:

The voltage output on transformer is higher than rating on Xmas string led lights?

The watts output on transformer is higher than rating on Xmas string led lights?

I’m assuming the more voltage will make them brighter or if it’s too high will cause them to burn out?

As for watts I don’t think that makes a difference as long as output from transformer is higher than load needed?

I could be wrong so can anyone explain for me to learn more.

Thanks

Reply to Apprentice Xmas lights question in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I am lighting my workshop with LED's. I had all 13W (1500 lumens) but wanted more light on the benches, so ordered some 23W, which is supposed to...
Replies
Views
We are in the process of renovating our house, and would like to setup led strip-lighting throughout. of the options, this seems most attractive...
Replies
Views
Hi There, not certain if I'm in the right place but here I go ! I have 4 LED ceiling (4 X 9 watts, 110 V AC) lights that are currently working on...
Replies
Views
Hope this is the correct forum for this. I have a chandelier that holds 18 bulbs, it's not in use since ages ago and I was planning to restore...
Replies
Views
I am looking at installation of an architectural dimmer, that is will supply 6 channels, with 20A circuits each (2400W ea). Our hall has can light...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock