Search the forum,

Discuss Are you still fitting plastic CUs...... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The current plastic CU's don't catch fire now, in worse case scenario they tend to melt. As far as i'm aware the plastic used in todays CU's are already made of self extinguishing plastics!!....

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh No, you are back Gasp!!!

Yep. Got my collar felt for having a laugh. Lesson learned. No more jokes. You get banned for jokes. So I will just slag everyone else off and then place them on my ignore list when I lose the argument. You don't get banned for that.

;-)

The current plastic CU's don't catch fire now, they tend to melt. As far as i'm aware the plastic used in todays CU's are already made of self extinguishing plastics!!....

i agree. it's all just a panic, most probably started by niceic.

cat.jpg
Yep. Got my collar felt for having a laugh. Lesson learned. No more jokes. You get banned for jokes. So I will just slag everyone else off and then place them on my ignore list when I lose the argument. You don't get banned for that.

;-)

BEAMA says that the primary root-cause of fires in consumer units has been clearly identified as resulting from loose connections and this new regulation is intended to provide a level of enhanced fire risk protection in this event.

So, in particular, under Amendment 3 enclosures will need to be made from a suitable non-combustible material, or be enclosed in a cabinet / enclosure made from a suitable non-combustible material complying with regulation 132.12.
132 is just about access to it.

no problem

Reply to Are you still fitting plastic CUs...... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net