Discuss Are you still fitting plastic CUs...... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I will fit plastic until Jan 2016 at least. And then maybe even after that depending on the final decision or whether or not I feel like complying.

We have always only installed metal. That way we can get plasterers to connect the boards because they won't catch fire. Great cost saving excerise.

Haven't had any domestic DBs recently, just wondered what people were doing, got a big yellow book that sort of makes you think you should start slinging metal in at some point (1st Jan 2016). Maybe they will just produce some sort of non-combustible casing or cover to put them in.....?

The ammendment 3 course said material that would 'self extinguish' after being exposed to a direct flame. I am sure there will be something out there more pleasing to the eye than metal that will achieve this.

I would imagine manufacturers were aware of this well before it got leaked out to us lot and the wheels have in motion for sometime to come up with solutions.

Everyone will toe the line, so just get on with it lol

Yeah like a non combustible cupboard

I fit plastic CU's but I cover them in Bakofoil. Like a metal CU then innit. Except they still catch fire. At least they cook through evenly now though.

I strongly suspect manufacturers will come up with a suitable plastic box before 2016.

Reply to Are you still fitting plastic CUs...... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I know once you see plastic entering then you don’t need to bond as it says on site guide.(enters the house plastic then it’s metal) Would I be...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have two questions regarding wiring and containment on commercial property stairwells in Ireland. We are currently wiring a 3 story...
Replies
Views
Old two core cable in a lighting circuit with no cpc at any point All points had metal fixtures and fittings class1 At two points the live loop...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've done some work in a house, I used an existing 10mm cable on a B40 MCB to supply a 2 way consumer unit to control a heat pump and...
Replies
Views
BMS installers have attended. After fitting the panel they also replaced the aged lighting in the boiler room with 6ft LED battens as instructed...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock