Discuss As I look out my window, at the grey sky... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

pirate

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
...I wonder where the last year has gone.
Then I recall that with the efforts of Dan, Lou, the mods, and everyone who contributes on this forum, I've actually had a pretty good year!
I have learnt something every single day, and despite my non-electrician status, nobody has shot me down in flames (yet!), so many thanks for that and for all the really helpful stuff on here.
Had it not been for the pandemic I would have visited less, but now it's my go-to site every day.
Thus, this is just a quick "thank you", particularly for all of you who have emphasised repeatedly what I have always known...good workmanship (and of course good workwomanship!) means never having to say "sorry". A job well done means a happy client and a good night's sleep. Planning makes for a better job, discussion makes for an even better job, and while I will never consider myself an electrician, the odd jobs I do will be better prepared and executed.
I wish you all a happy festive period, and a much better 2022...and those currently in ill health, a special wish for improvement in the year to come.

Given that I wanted to thank you all, moving this to a little watched thread isn't quite working...
I wish the Off Topic thread updated on the main page, because we have to go looking for it otherwise!

Reply to As I look out my window, at the grey sky... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm unsure if I should be an electrician or maybe another trade is better. I have basically completed my first year of a foundation in...
Replies
Views
Hi All I'm a professional mobile app developer. Around 12-13 years ago I created a couple of apps for the fire protection / safety industry that...
Replies
Views
Hi there, firstly wishing you all good health and happiness 🙂 Just a few questions if you all don’t mind answering for me please.. I’ve just...
Replies
Views
OLDBOY
O
We have had builders in, who have stopped for Xmas. My daughter tried to do a wash. The wash machine wouldnt. Its power socket is dead. I...
Replies
Views
Bit of a rant first to explain the situation:- Effing builders again, I knew there was a reason we hardly ever work for them. We've done a few...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock