Discuss Ashley junction boxes in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi,Do any of you guys use the Ashley maintenance free junction boxes, and have any feedback on them ?? I have read some very good reports on them, as they can be used in areas that are non accessable such as under floorboards e.t.cIf so where is the cheapest and best place to ge them from ?Thanks

Hi,Do any of you guys use the Ashley maintenance free junction boxes, and have any feedback on them ?? I have read some very good reports on them, as they can be used in areas that are non accessable such as under floorboards e.t.cIf so where is the cheapest and best place to ge them from ?Thanks

Never used them myself but you can get them from here:

Junction Boxes

Not sure if this is the cheapest place though?

Always thought they were a bit over priced personally?

These are supposed to be the answer to the inaccessible joints under floors/voids scenario.

Havent used them yet and to be honest, havent even seen them in my local wholesalers yet.

Probably due to price at the moment.

I used both the Maintenance Free and downlighter JB on a refurb last Summer. I found both are easy to install and great time savers. One note of caution though with the Maintenance free JB is to double check that the conductor is fully inserted and thus connected into the terminal/clamp. The insulating housing obscures the terminal (for obvious reasons) so it's not immediately obvious that the conductor may not be caught in the terminal.

Will

Sorry, i know this is off topic but how do I create a post here?

Well not exactly a post. As i have just done that. But how do i set up another topic

Last edited by a moderator:
in the forum you're browsing (e.g Electrical Forum | General Electrical Forum ) go to the bottom of the list of threads and click on the New Post button - it's just above the Active users heading

Will

CAUTION! Ashley 100 is not maintenance free! Any connector with screw fixings is NOT maintenance free. Think about it. How often have you opened a light switch cover (after a few years) and found the screws to be tight?

I use these Ashley JBs regularly though whenever possible I still keep them accessible. WAGO are also good, but the 20A Ashley is all set up for 4-cable terminations so a bit less fiddley for eg lighting junctions, especially where you're adding a 3-core extractor off the bathroom light where you'd end up with four cables shoved into the rose. Very neat and tidy.

im all for hassle free connections...! Wago / Ashley get my vote every time..! even if i do have nearly 700 strips of connector block that i "found"

Reply to Ashley junction boxes in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock