Discuss Automation vs. Construction - career advice please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I know everybody is saying stay in the automation industry ,but the facts are £12.50 ph sucks most people know having a word with the boss is not going to help as with all bosses they might and I say might increase it a few pence if they needed not to lose an employee ,facts are if it increases it will be slowly over a long time not much fun when you have a baby or a mortgage to pay for,
construction is just as rewarding , and the pay when qualified is a lot better ,before I retired 57 I was self employed and registered at lots of agencys who still send me jobs via my phone they now range from £18 ph minimum to £21 ph for a flat 40 and time and a half after that to double on a sunday , that is now as we speak ,regular so my thoughts are chase the money you will not go back
A damn good read Gary
nice one mate. Will give it a look

Reply to Automation vs. Construction - career advice please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi to everyone, this is my first post so if is been already asked/answered please guide me to the relevant discussion/thread. I don't know...
Replies
Views
So I recently completed a 4 year apprenticeship, EAL Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering and HNC in Electronic and Electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Some background on this question: I am UK-based, and I work with robotics and automation, so have experience with PLC programming, robot...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Fairly new to the forum I think I'm in the right thread. I'm hoping to get some advice. I originally served my apprenticeship as...
Replies
Views
I am wanting some advice as someone looking to get in to the industry. Hopefully a couple of you don't mind sparing a bit of time helping me get...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock