Discuss Back box earthing in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Marcus787

EF Member
Probably a bit of a noddy question but I am bringing my TV aerial cable into the house which I have already done. Now I want to fit a TV socket to the wall to tidy it all up.

I have purchased a metal back box with a plastic TV coaxial faceplate.

On the metal back box there is an adjustable lug for an earth. Do I need to install and earth from back box to faceplate or should it be fine without?

If so can I use any wire as an earth?

telectrix

Disrespected Scouser
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
the box has thet earth terminal as it's the same box as would be used for a 240V light switch. in your case ignore it.

Reactions: DPG

Sparky10

Regular EF Member
No need to earth backbox if you have a fixed lug so i remember reading somewhere - But what do i know i'm just an electrician apparently:cool:

Baddegg

Still simmering Ken, not boiled yet buddy x
Electrician's Arms
that's nothing. i had an Asian lady customer name Alka. sent her a text and the phone called her Alka Seltzer.
Quoted for a job a few months back in an ESSEX RD, wasn’t untill the customer pointed it out that I realised the auto correct had redone it to A SEXUAL RD!.......got the job though :D

pirate

Regular EF Member
My bad...as the youngsters say!
but, for accuracy...ye actually can shove yer granny aff a bus...however I would not condone this...apparently this is rather non-PC...IIRC, it was envisioned that you could indeed shove your Granny off the bus, but not your mammie's mammie, but rather yer daddie's mammie...
I do feel that this distinction is unlikely to receive judicial approval in these enlightened times ...

• Haha
Reactions: DPG

ipf

Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
My bad...as the youngsters say!
but, for accuracy...ye actually can shove yer granny aff a bus...however I would not condone this...apparently this is rather non-PC...IIRC, it was envisioned that you could indeed shove your Granny off the bus, but not your mammie's mammie, but rather yer daddie's mammie...
I do feel that this distinction is unlikely to receive judicial approval in these enlightened times ...
….Time for you to walk the bleedin' plank...…….:)

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 59 66.3%
  • Black

Votes: 30 33.7%

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.