Discuss Back box earthing in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Probably a bit of a noddy question but I am bringing my TV aerial cable into the house which I have already done. Now I want to fit a TV socket to the wall to tidy it all up.

I have purchased a metal back box with a plastic TV coaxial faceplate.

On the metal back box there is an adjustable lug for an earth. Do I need to install and earth from back box to faceplate or should it be fine without?

If so can I use any wire as an earth?

Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
the box has thet earth terminal as it's the same box as would be used for a 240V light switch. in your case ignore it.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
that's nothing. i had an Asian lady customer name Alka. sent her a text and the phone called her Alka Seltzer.

No need to earth backbox if you have a fixed lug so i remember reading somewhere - But what do i know i'm just an electrician apparently:cool:

Baddegg

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
that's nothing. i had an Asian lady customer name Alka. sent her a text and the phone called her Alka Seltzer.
Quoted for a job a few months back in an ESSEX RD, wasn’t untill the customer pointed it out that I realised the auto correct had redone it to A SEXUAL RD!.......got the job though :D

littlespark

-
Arms
Esteemed
Advent Win
Where I am from, a “piece” is also your sandwich, packed in a box for lunch away from your home.

As in “Whats on yer pieces the day?”

My bad...as the youngsters say!
but, for accuracy...ye actually can shove yer granny aff a bus...however I would not condone this...apparently this is rather non-PC...IIRC, it was envisioned that you could indeed shove your Granny off the bus, but not your mammie's mammie, but rather yer daddie's mammie...
I do feel that this distinction is unlikely to receive judicial approval in these enlightened times ...

ipf

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
My bad...as the youngsters say!
but, for accuracy...ye actually can shove yer granny aff a bus...however I would not condone this...apparently this is rather non-PC...IIRC, it was envisioned that you could indeed shove your Granny off the bus, but not your mammie's mammie, but rather yer daddie's mammie...
I do feel that this distinction is unlikely to receive judicial approval in these enlightened times ...
….Time for you to walk the bleedin' plank...…….:)

Reply to Back box earthing in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom