Discuss Best online tool supplier in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Toblerone

Trainee
Reaction score
I have cancelled my Amazon Prime membership and will no longer be using them to buy tools or anything else online.

I would like recommendations for a tool supplier, ideally UK based, that has a wide selection of products. Maybe someone with a loyalty scheme to incentivise repeat custom?

I'm well aware I could just google this, but would like to know who people on here use as the choice is overwhelming.

Thanks in advance.

Can't say I've ever favoured one particular online tool supplier and I've bought from a significant number over the last couple of decades. It's now a very competitive market and my experience has been that the vast majority offer an excellent service.

I really miss proper tool shops though, the kind you could walk around and dribbl ever all the tools you'd never use, never afford, but obviously need!

Still quite a few of those locally and one in particular is incredible - numerous big old brick/stone barns all interlinked into a huge maze of tools. Problem is they often make prices up on a whim and, depending on who you happen to deal with on a given day, can range from excellent value to eye wateringly expensive.

As previously mentioned by others, there isn't a one stop shop, for tools or any other goods, that has what you want at the best price at the time you want it.

Basically it's Google (or other similar search engines) for every individual item you want.

this supplier is close to me.dunno what his delivery costs are, but they're a helpful friendly bunch of guys.

Last edited:
I'll bite, what's wrong with Amazon?

I'd prefer to support independent businesses, especially at the moment. Amazon is undeniably convenient but Bezos doesn't pay or treat his workers properly and prevents them from unionising, among other questionable practices. I don't want any more of my money going into his pocket.
[automerge]1596379675[/automerge]
D&M tools or Toolstop for me

Thanks for the tip, have just placed an order with D&M. London based too which is handy!

Last edited:
I would concentrate more on what tool you want and then look for a supplier. Sometimes you get odd bargains in places like Screwfix when they are doing a promotion, etc, so you never know.

Over the years I have learned it is usually better to spend a bit more on something that works well than get the cheapest option. But sometimes you find reasonably priced tools that work just fine.

Ebay for hand tools

some cracking deals of late like a 5 piece set of wiha Vde slim screwdrivers For ÂŁ15

Needed to replace a defunct rotary hammer and, ironically, had to buy from Amazon tonight.

A major issue that persists with many online retailers is carriage to NI. I get that many carriers charge more for areas outside England, Wales and bottom half of Scotland, but there are plenty others that don't. A carriage surcharge is one thing, but too many vedors levy a blanket charge for "zones" and in doing so manage to push away those of us in further flung regions. ÂŁ19.95 is not a reasonable surcharge to apply to all orders, whether they be for a screwdriver, 5kg hammer drill or a pallet of goods.

Reply to Best online tool supplier in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock