Discuss Big Problem in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

core404

Hi

First of all i would like to openly admit to you all that i am no electrician .

This is my problem :-

I was installing a new ring into the fusebox via a new 32a fuse round at my friends house as he as strangly only got 1 single socket in each room of his house and was a bit annoyed in having to use extension cables all over the house .

But when installing the 6mm twin and earth wire via the new 32a into the fuse i box the mains cable coming from the meter to the fusebox mysteriously came away (i was shocked , not literally quite thankfully)

Is there anyway of disconnecting the power supply before the fusebox so i can safely put the wire back into place .

Thanks and sorry

Joe .

Its no wind up !

yes i installed 6mm twin & earth to an isolator from there i ran 2.5mm to the double sockets.

"should be sir, hope you know what your doing. im not liable for death"

thats why i'm asking for a safe way to disconnect the mains before the power hits the meter/fusebox so i don't get electricuted mate.

how can i do this ?

Thanks

Joe

tbh i cant really afford it and as it was me who was doing it for my mate and now he as no power what so ever it should be me who rectifies this problem.

could you just tell me how i can disconnect the power supply please ?

i really think you should ask your bank for a overdraft and call in a electrician.

you obviously havnt got a clue what your doing and could hurt yourself or others in the process.

get a professional in to sort it for god sake

It's like everything - easy when you know how. See, the thing is - I will not advise you on what you need to do as I think it is too dangerous for a 'novice'. By the sounds of it you need to safely isolate the consumer unit and re-instate the tails in order to restore power. I couldn't sleep if I knew I had tried to give you the 'on-line' tutorial of how to do this and you ended up seriously injured - or worse. I know pride is a big thing but please, just pay a sparky a few quid to make it safe. It won't cost the earth and will take him 5 mins.

Core404 where are you located mate?

Post some pictures if possible so we know what you have dissconnected exactly.
Cirrus is right it would be wrong to give a step by step guide to you as a novice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont worry about it ,just put the wire back where it came from ,there is no need to turn it off as long as you are carefull, pull all the fuses out first ,so theres no load ,and just put it back in ,simple

good luck

seriously you get it wrong its a potential trip to the hospital or /and a call to the electric board . they frown when experienced guys do it right and prosecute when amatuers do it wrong!!!
also they is the whole issue of part p ........but i suspect your not worrying about that;)

Certainly a BIG PROBLEM

DIY MUPPETS SHOULD LEAVE WELL ALONE

Are you going to do a Building Notice or just break the law?

Actually we need a High Profile DIY Death to raise public awareness, as John Prescott didn't fulfill his side of the bargain.

Reply to Big Problem in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock