Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Blooming heck ... ck 240mm loppers in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Strima

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have the smaller pair of these and they're excellent.

And now you've made me buy another pair of cutters...

Reaction score
I have the smaller pair of these and they're excellent.

And now you've made me buy another pair of cutters...

At least you'll put them to some use.

Have these in 210mm, which are excellent and get occasional use. It seems I now also have a 240mm pair, for no reason other than the cheap link from this thread 🤦‍♂️

pirate

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I too have the 210mm version and they are excellent. I also have a little difficulty with exerting a lot of pressure with my old, tired hands, and these slice most cables I use with ease. For big stuff I have a set of Felco bolt cutters...they are great, but don't fit in my tool belt...
they also weigh about 3 kilos.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
got exactly same. OK for cutting SWA up to 6mm. cost about £65 .funny but company i worked for at the time had a policy of if you were at wholesalers and wanted a tool, ring base and get an order nimber. company paid, then deducted from wages. they made me redundant 2 weeks later, before the invoice was settled. so i got them for nowt. easier than nicking for a dedicated follower of fashion Anfield

Dustydazzler

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
3 sold now! You should take commission Dusty.

They look like shears. Are they? Great for tails if so.

I have used them and they cut through thick singles like butter , just very awkward to use in one hand unless you have 6 inch fingers...
I probably should have got the smaller 200mm version instead.
but either way for 16 quid will keep them as manglers and and for chomping meter tails etc

Reply to Blooming heck ... ck 240mm loppers in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.