Discuss Boiler not firing up in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

what for ignition

call
fan runs
gas valve opens
pilot lights
main burner lights
gas safe engineer runs for cover.

missed a few steps for safety but you get the idea

corrected that for you.

Hi, just an update, I waited until my regular boiler repair man came back from holiday so he's just been this morning.

It was a blocked injector which he's cleaned up and got it working again, he's also serviced it as it was due one.

Great price too, barely more than he charges for a normal service

Just on the subject of flame rectification...i got to talking about this process,with a heating engineer pal,and he said the boiler manufacturer he was accredited for,just had a simple set of tests,to identify a rectification issue - then they replace the assembly.
He wanted to know the method of it's operation,and if each step could be tested.
I did this with him,and on the strength of it,he has purchased an AVO 410 Megger multimeter,which is what i used,in the demo :)

Just bumping this one again.

The boiler broke down again, had my regular repair guy out, it was the thermostat that had gone, he came yesterday and fitted a new one.

All working fine though now it keeps firing up a lot more like every couple of minutes. I spoke to the repair guy who basically said it was nothing to do with the new thermostat, see how it goes, it's a 20 year old boiler etc, wasn't really bothered as it's working.

Any ideas why it would be doing this? thanks

Reply to Boiler not firing up in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock