Discuss Bootlace crimps - decent make/ kit in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Only recently (used many moons ago when worked as a commercial spark!) got into using bootlace crimps again, wish I'd done this sooner they go everywhere with me now.

Question is what decent makes do you you recommend please, and is there a kit that has most of the common sizes in ?

Currently using mixture of cheapy starter kit off amazon 🙈 and some got from Eddys, but there doesn't seem to be standard colour scheme 🤔

Thanks in advance
Sy

Not seen any good kits, they are all just too small. Best just to buy bags of 1000 and store them in a large 12 compartment storage box or similar. I've always used the French ferrule colour system, it makes more sense than the German colours. I've just seen TLC do a more sensible sized kit, but even with those numbers I'd be filling it up again soon.

Efixx did a video or two on these. Might be worth a watch. I buy my insulated ones from CEF and uninsulated from YESSS. Cant say tho, dunno. Stick to one type of insulated- German or French and you’ll be fine.

Efixx did a video or two on these. Might be worth a watch. I buy my insulated ones from CEF and uninsulated from YESSS. Cant say tho, dunno. Stick to one type of insulated- German or French and you’ll be fine.
Reckon I'll go with German... better quality maybe ;-)

I've not yet got through all the ones I nicked from the free issue bins when I subbed out to a company that built thyristor drives, 20 years ago.

We generally have used the French colours as that was what RS generally offered 20 years ago.

Non-insulated ones are occasionally handy for tight spots like grid switches and 13A plugs (if you are doing it fancy-style).

Until eventually getting around to buying uninsulated ferrules, I was in the habit of using insulated and then giving the insulation a light squeeze with pliers. It just pops off.

Reply to Bootlace crimps - decent make/ kit in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock