Discuss Bosch GBH 24volt hammer drill in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

Toneyz

I have a Boch GBH 24v 3Ah hammer drill that I considered a good bit of kit sadly the batteries have died but I still want to use it the batteries were the old NiMH new batteries are now Lithium ones. Bosch doesn't supply the batteries now however there are unbranded ones on eBay but am dubious of buying and will they last? Any recommendations would be appreciated ie. is there any online suppliers.

I think you can buy the seperate cells and replace them , the battery is basically full of rechargable C type batteries, I took two of mine apart tested the cells individually, and used the best ones to make one good batteries, it was tricky though and you need a good soldering iron , trouble is I hardly use the drill and now that battery does not last long either. :(

Just looked at County Battery think that they may do replacement cells to go in the battery housing. Maybe I need to take the old one apart to see.

I can see that. Is there an online supplier that you have used and recommend. I would rather get from a company that is traceable.

Never need one yet so cant recommend any, but seems like bosch does sell originals but take deep breath before look at the price...

Bosch GBH-24 V 24V Battery - https://www.4bosch.co.uk/cordless-drill/gbh-24-v/24v-battery/product.pl?pid=2196235&path=651934&model_ref=2501842

Actually ive just duoble check that and its for cordless drill not the hammer drill

Last edited:
Just looked at County Battery think that they may do replacement cells to go in the battery housing. Maybe I need to take the old one apart to see.
Just me careful when you take them apart the cells are crammed in tight as i say it was not easy to replace tham .

I think most of the cost of getting it done with them will count for their labour not so much of the cost of the battery. Maybe they can sell me the battery cells made up and it will be a case of swopping over

I know dewalt do an adaptor so as lithium fit the old ni-cad stuff Anthony....bit of a google I’m sure Bosch do as well :)
Yes I've seen someone on site with one, however, this would mean getting new batteries and a charger.

I have a GBH 24V Bosch drill with the LEDs on the batteries.
Out of three, only one battery works correctly, one battery appears to take a charge, but the LEDs say not, and the last just doesn’t take a charge.

I have considered replacing the cells, but what about the battery where the LEDs appear knackered?
I have also considered replacing the batteries, but even the un-branded batteries are expensive, and Nicad batteries don’t last if they’re not used.

In the end I just purchased an 18V Makita Lithium SDS drill body, as I have a number of Makita tools and spare batteries.

I think most of the cost of getting it done with them will count for their labour not so much of the cost of the battery. Maybe they can sell me the battery cells made up and it will be a case of swopping over

Did you check your battery pack, is it easy to get to cells?
I would still buy replacement battery - less hassle i guess...

Reply to Bosch GBH 24volt hammer drill in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock