Discuss Bosch Professional or Makita in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

I have the DeWalt kit, but find the 4.0Ah batteries are too heavy, much better with the 2Ah batteries and they last sufficiently to do a full day of the work I do.
This Gazebo base was constructed without a re-charge of a 2Ah battery.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_THUMB_795 (2).jpeg

Just looked at the Erbauer with my bro in B&Q I must say I was quite impressed. Nice weight to them. Metal Chuck and a metal body on the Combi and Impact. Batteries aren’t too bad either. No bad for the price. I would have to see what the warranty is like compared to the other brands. Just a shame they never had any of the Makita or Dewalt SDS drills similar to what I’ve posted to compare.

Not bad £475 with 3x 5.0ah batteries and you get 3x 2.0 in the kit. When compared with the £683 from Makita or £579 from Dewalt. I think Bosch was silly money when I’ve looked at it.

Attachments

• IMG_7486.png
    340.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7488.png
    684.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7487.png
    532.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Bit late to the party, but for me it isn't really about the drill itself, but the range of tools you use.

You want the same make/series across; drill, driver, multitool, saw, chaser..... whatever, so go for whichever range has all the tools you want (need + desire) - all sharing the same batteries.

I always have one spare battery on charge, and when one starts getting low on charge, I just swap it over, so I never end up struggling.

I went for Makita some years ago - unfortunately this was in the nicad days, and although I rebuilt the batteries several times and kept things going, once the drill gave up the ghost, I switched over to the new range of lithium ion, so I am in the situation of having two lots of different batteries for different tools.

Personally I would stick to the most reputable tools, Makita, deWalt, etc. the "amateur" brands like black & decker, bosch etc may have professional series, but I get the impression that they aren't quite up to the more reputable brands over their full range.

It's no use having a great drill by one make if their multi tool is tantamount to useless.

Can confirm blue bosch is Greta Garbo
Bit late to the party, but for me it isn't really about the drill itself, but the range of tools you use.

You want the same make/series across; drill, driver, multitool, saw, chaser..... whatever, so go for whichever range has all the tools you want (need + desire) - all sharing the same batteries.

I always have one spare battery on charge, and when one starts getting low on charge, I just swap it over, so I never end up struggling.

I went for Makita some years ago - unfortunately this was in the nicad days, and although I rebuilt the batteries several times and kept things going, once the drill gave up the ghost, I switched over to the new range of lithium ion, so I am in the situation of having two lots of different batteries for different tools.

Personally I would stick to the most reputable tools, Makita, deWalt, etc. the "amateur" brands like black & decker, bosch etc may have professional series, but I get the impression that they aren't quite up to the more reputable brands over their full range.

It's no use having a great drill by one make if their multi tool is tantamount to useless.

I'd rather pluck hairs from delicate regions than carry more than one range of batteries.

A colleague uses Bosch professional and I can't fault the tools, but his batteries always seem to need charging.

Stanley Black and Decker's marketing team have sneaked in two professional ranges: Fatmax and Dewalt, While TTI, the Chinese conglomerate behind modern day Milwaukee, is also the owner of Ryobi 🤭

In a similar situation I ...

Then I realised people make things like this which is a lot less effort!

I like that, tends to get expensive for a few tools though!

I am thinking of phasing the older tools out as their batteries fail.

With luck I will just about convert everything to the latest lithium ion in time for them to move on to the next range - and hence repeating the process.....

When I started as SE, I had an old dewalt drill, and bought a joiners second hand stuff when he upgraded. Had the same batterys as mine, and he had upgraded to lithium ion… so I got quite a lot of kit, still in fairly good nick.

Later on, I purchased a new dewalt combi and sds…. Of course, the newer battery’s, so are not compatible.

Opened an account with Howdens and got a Milwaukee multi tool for free…. So that’s another kind of battery.

Just looked at the Erbauer with my bro in B&Q I must say I was quite impressed. Nice weight to them. Metal Chuck and a metal body on the Combi and Impact. Batteries aren’t too bad either. No bad for the price. I would have to see what the warranty is like compared to the other brands. Just a shame they never had any of the Makita or Dewalt SDS drills similar to what I’ve posted to compare.

Not bad £475 with 3x 5.0ah batteries and you get 3x 2.0 in the kit. When compared with the £683 from Makita or £579 from Dewalt. I think Bosch was silly money when I’ve looked at it.
I've used erbauer stuff for years and almost have the full range bought from screw fix only ever had one problem where i broke the gearbox in a drill (my fault) and although I had it 18 months they replaced with a brand new combi set including new batteries.

Reply to Bosch Professional or Makita in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net