Discuss Bosch Professional or Makita in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

RDB85

-
Trainee
Reaction score
I’ve decided to buy my brother some drills for him going self employed. Now I was thinking either Makita or possibly Bosch Professional:

Some I’ve found;

Bosch

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/bosch...n-coolpack-brushless-cordless-sds-drill/111fu

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/bosch...coolpack-brushless-cordless-combi-drill/796pv

Makita

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/makit...shless-cordless-sds-rotary-hammer-drill/902kg

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/makit...hium-lxt-brushless-cordless-combi-drill/188pv

I have used both Bosch and Makit and both are fine, they do the job.
I never spend too much of drills. My weapon of choice right now is Erbauer which I quite like

Is this the Kit;

It looks remarkably like Bosch but just cheaper.

Is this the Kit;

It looks remarkably like Bosch but just cheaper.

This looks remarkably like Makita but just cheaper.

Appearances can be deceptive.

This looks remarkably like Makita but just cheaper.

Appearances can be deceptive.

They do. Although I don’t think I would buy the eBay one. Erbauer looks okay for the money.

It’s an investment. Do you just buy one of them too?
The investment is mainly into the battery system.
Honestly, any big brand will be fine. I'd happily use any of them. One place I work has Makita. It's fine. I have Milwaukee and DeWalt and a Bosch SDS. They all go round and round.

The only drill-envy I've experienced was when a friend had the Metabo combi which has an anti-jam feature which auto-cuts out instead of breaking your wrist. That said, I've never broken my wrist using a drill, so maybe I don't need that!

I only have the 18v Erbauer Combi Drill which does everything I need really as a drill / driver for jobbing.
I have an old 24v bosch and some old makita drills and some old hitachi gear as well.
As I say, I never spend that much on drills I just don't see the point...

Whatever you go for, best results are Lithium battery and Brushless motor, personally I have DeWalt and they have been fine for the last ten years, the only thing I don't like is the noise from the Impact driver, but that applies to all makes.

We used to have the Makita combo set with 1/2" drive impact gun. It was a really good set and the case back then had compartments for storing bits in. For the last 4 years we've had Bosch. The impact guns get a hammering (nuts/bolts - not screws!) and the drill get's quite a bit of heavy use too. I had no problems with either make.. Only comment I can make is the Makita charger can play 4 (I think) different tunes when the charge is complete. What use is that? Well, if you are in a room with more that one battery being charged at a time you can tell by the tune when yours is charged. Not exactly a game changer but I liked it.

Reply to Bosch Professional or Makita in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net