Discuss Brexit. We’re out! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

This reminds me of the story of NASA spending billions of dollars developing a pen that could write on paper in zero gravity..... The Russians used a pencil.
I remember that too, however the thought of graphite particles floating around in an oxygen rich environment and all the electronics could make you worry a bit.

designs were very different between the Jumo and Whittle's, just same principal.

The jet engine for the Jumo was originally developed by Heinkel by Hans Von Ohain, with later work by others.

Whittle submitted his first patent (granted in 1932)

In 1935, Hans von Ohain started work on a similar design in Germany, and it is often claimed that he was unaware of Whittle's work. Ohain said that he had not read Whittle's patent, and Whittle believed him (Frank Whittle 1907–1996). However, the Whittle patent was in German libraries, and Whittle's son had suspicions that Ohain had read or heard of it.

Years later, it was admitted by von Ohain in his biography that this was so. Author Margaret Conner states ″Ohain's patent attorney happened upon a Whittle patent in the years that the von Ohain patents were being formulated". Von Ohain himself is quoted as saying "We felt that it looked like a patent of an idea" "We thought that it was not seriously being worked on." As Ohain's patent was not filed until 1935, this admission clearly shows that he had read Whittle's patent and had even critiqued it in some detail prior to filing his own patent and some 2 years before his own engine ran. (Wikipedia)

A few obstacles have surfaced already when we consider the effect of Brexit.
Prescriptions issued by UK doctors are no longer valid in Spain, which will have an impact on some. Also, if you want to buy a house there you now have to apply for a permit from the Spanish Military and submit a clear criminal conviction certificate (ah! more alliteration...) and some other stuff. Students won't have the same rights to work and live there as previously. However, the Spanish are still recognising the reciprocal healthcare system, so that's good news.

as an aside. just wondering if USA are going to build another nuclear powered aircract carrier. the USS Trump?

A few obstacles have surfaced already when we consider the effect of Brexit.
Prescriptions issued by UK doctors are no longer valid in Spain, which will have an impact on some. Also, if you want to buy a house there you now have to apply for a permit from the Spanish Military and submit a clear criminal conviction certificate (ah! more alliteration...) and some other stuff. Students won't have the same rights to work and live there as previously. However, the Spanish are still recognising the reciprocal healthcare system, so that's good news.
Wonder if the criminal checks are going to be retrospective? Good number of English villains out in the Costa Del Sol.

Doubt it. It would refuse to leave the harbour and get its planes to attack Capitol Hill....
Joking aside, the ring leaders who pushed forward and breached Capitol Hill were Antifa and BLM activists, many of the arrests by FBI have identified these people and found evidence of pre arranged attack to stage it all and make it look like trump supporters, there is also supporting video evidence that security opened the side doors and let in genuine trump supporters so they could blame Trump for inciting it.
The issue with the democrats claims against Trump is that Trump had 20mins left of his speech when Antifa pushed forward and entered Capitol hill, those that were present watching Trumps speech would have actually turned up 30mins late had they walked the short journey following the speech they claimed incited the rioting ..

Just a few facts the media fails to tell you.

One of the ring leaders has already been arrested and charged as he filmed the whole event and stupidly incriminated himself, they found he used Twitter and Facebook to pre organise the attack.

He is a self confessed far left activist, he and several other arrests are of people inciting the events all with a history with either Antifa, BLM or both... funny I never saw any of this on our news yet they still peddle Trump as the inciter regardless that has since been shown not to be the case.

It wouldnt surprise me tbh.
The far left did everything possible to undermine Trumps presidency from the outset.
Many of these people were involved in the media and there was definitely some truth in the " fake news " claims. I honestly don't think Trump covered himself in glory post election result but I think it will be difficult to make the charge of incitement stick.

Blimey Darkwood,our local football team could do with you,best advert for a right winger we could ever have ?. Joking aside you are perfectly entitled to your views but I don't think we can say Trump and his supporters are blameless in this,wrongs on all sides I'm sure

Joking aside, the ring leaders who pushed forward and breached Capitol Hill were Antifa and BLM activists, many of the arrests by FBI have identified these people and found evidence of pre arranged attack to stage it all and make it look like trump supporters, there is also supporting video evidence that security opened the side doors and let in genuine trump supporters so they could blame Trump for inciting it.
The issue with the democrats claims against Trump is that Trump had 20mins left of his speech when Antifa pushed forward and entered Capitol hill, those that were present watching Trumps speech would have actually turned up 30mins late had they walked the short journey following the speech they claimed incited the rioting ..

One of the ring leaders has already been arrested and charged as he filmed the whole event and stupidly incriminated himself, they found he used Twitter and Facebook to pre organise the attack.

He is a self confessed far left activist, he and several other arrests are of people inciting the events all with a history with either Antifa, BLM or both... funny I never saw any of this on our news yet they still peddle Trump as the inciter regardless that has since been shoYou need some sort of proff for all these assertations DW of maybe a link or two.

It wouldnt surprise me tbh.
The far left did everything possible to undermine Trumps presidency from the outset.
Many of these people were involved in the media and there was definitely some truth in the " fake news " claims. I honestly don't think Trump covered himself in glory post election result but I think it will be difficult to make the charge of incitement stick.

He is a self confessed far left activist, he and several other arrests are of people inciting the events all with a history with either Antifa, BLM or both... funny I never saw any of this on our news yet they still peddle Trump as the inciter regardless that has since been shown not to be the case.
You need to show some proof for these assertions DW, or a link or two. I'm keeping an open mind on this but in all honesty everything I've seen shows stupid right wing mainly Qanon idiots at the certre. I saw the original live streams and every one that had been identified on social media since was a Trump supporting idiot, including some legislators.

Reply to Brexit. We’re out! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net