Discuss Brexit. We’re out! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I know, and we’ve not even started on the Welsh yet. Oooops forgot about sparkychick.

For the record... I'm English... I just live here, but don't get me started on the Welsh Assembly... useless bunch of muppets... they spout a pro-EU position and wanted to remain despite most of Wales voting to leave. Dominated by Labour and Plaid Cymru who both appear to be completely and utterly out of touch with the people of Wales.

For the record... I'm English... I just live here, but don't get me started on the Welsh Assembly... useless bunch of muppets... they spout a pro-EU position and wanted to remain despite most of Wales voting to leave. Dominated by Labour and Plaid Cymru who both appear to be completely and utterly out of touch with the people of Wales.
the WA are same as westminster. all the money spent in the south and the north gets nowt. Wales is where HS2 should be, instead of trying to get from Rhyl to Cardiff via Crewe. 7 hours.

SNP getting on with the day job again
Removing tax breaks from private schools (remember state schools don't get them at all)

And yet you STILL don't intend to keep voting for them.

I am with Baldelectrician, I am much more Yes than SNP but I will continue to vote SNP until there is a credible altenative. The SNP have many faults but they are the only party that puts Scotland first. Labour and conservatives just do what their bosses in Westminster say.

I am with Baldelectrician, I am much more Yes than SNP but I will continue to vote SNP until there is a credible altenative. The SNP have many faults but they are the only party that puts Scotland first. Labour and conservatives just do what their bosses in Westminster say.
I just wonder how the split will would be enabled; NHS, Military, Infrastructure.

Generally the only thing Brexit that needs negotiation is trade. What will you do with your currency, military establishment, medical care to able us to split? The list is endless.

I’ve read various articles from various sources over the past few years that say education in particular, but also healthcare, justice and policing are in turmoil in Scotland. Yet all we ever hear is how great the SNP are. Seems like nobody holds them to account and they are swindling the good people of Scotland with their ‘freebies’. I’d rather pay a bit for a good education/healthcare than get a shoddy one for free.

Edit: Click

Last edited:
I just wonder how the split will would be enabled; NHS, Military, Infrastructure.

Generally the only thing Brexit that needs negotiation is trade. What will you do with your currency, military establishment, medical care to able us to split? The list is endless.

The NHS in Scotland is already split- there are no healthcare trusts here, trusts are required to work together and NOT compete.
The SNP have already merged health and social care (3 years ago)

The military is a joke - the Scottish regiments are mainly disbanded and the mostly train outside Scotland, there is a £1.2 bn under spend in Scotland - ie more is raised in Scotland by Westminster than is spent in Scotland
There are NO fishery protection vessels based in Scotland despite Scotland having over 70% of the UK's maritime waters
All the destroyers and frigates are based in Scotland

Once independent we can build ships etc in Scotland and actually get some. Remember before the indyref 1 the UK promised 22 frigates / destroyers and a centre of excellence in shipbuilding. That didn't happen and we got 3 ships and the rest going out to re-tender.

Infrastructure- the stuff physically in Scotland will become Scottish on the day of independence

The NHS in Scotland is already split- there are no healthcare trusts here, trusts are required to work together and NOT compete.
The SNP have already merged health and social care (3 years ago)

The military is a joke - the Scottish regiments are mainly disbanded and the mostly train outside Scotland, there is a £1.2 bn under spend in Scotland - ie more is raised in Scotland by Westminster than is spent in Scotland
There are NO fishery protection vessels based in Scotland despite Scotland having over 70% of the UK's maritime waters
All the destroyers and frigates are based in Scotland

Once independent we can build ships etc in Scotland and actually get some. Remember before the indyref 1 the UK promised 22 frigates / destroyers and a centre of excellence in shipbuilding. That didn't happen and we got 3 ships and the rest going out to re-tender.

Infrastructure- the stuff physically in Scotland will become Scottish on the day of independence
We’ll want all our ships back then.

That's the point- none are based in Scotland . We will build our own using Scottish ship yards.
dream on ,that will cost when bankrupt ,if the wicked witch of the north have her own way , she will not have a army or a navy ,considering that thing wants to get rid of the sub bay in the forth .
and you have non oil any way . so patrolling the Scottish isle is going to be pretty hard .

@baldelectrician

Serious question: Why do Scottish nationalists swear by the UK leaving the EU will all end in tears yet Scotland leaving the Union will be all Violets & Roses.
I still think this question deserves a serious answer from you @baldelectrician, I only say you mate as you seem to be the only person on that side of a great debate/argument ?

Whats is with the scots thinking going it alone its behond me , you belong to england wearther you like it or not , now i can see some body spitting the dummys out write now , so suck it in and stop crieing.oh i forget did the English beat you once before in football.i can now hear a screaming cat , is that a man with it under is arm pit useing it for a bag pipe .lol.

dream on ,that will cost when bankrupt ,if the wicked witch of the north have her own way , she will not have a army or a navy ,considering that thing wants to get rid of the sub bay in the forth .
and you have non oil any way . so patrolling the Scottish isle is going to be pretty hard .

The money thing I disagree with- if we are bleeding Westminster dry then why are they forcing us to stay, they will lose over 50 anti Tory MP's and the rest of the UK will have semi permanent conservative government.

See Jim Rogers on Sterling if Scotland does not use it

The sub bay is in the Clyde.
They do NOT want to get rid of it - only the nuclear subs.

Scotland has NO vessels of any type (apart from ferries and RNLI) based here, Scotland has over 70% of UK coastal area and will need vessels for the area
See map
Brexit. We’re out! {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

The amount of jobs at Faslane will double or treble- not decrease upon independence

We will also have to expand the port at Rosyth as we will need a direct ferry to the EU to miss the Brexit chaos.

The amount of jobs at Faslane will double or treble- not decrease upon independence
where do you think them subs are made ,china ,barrow thats where they are made and what air force are scotland is going to have .
are you going to shoot the ruskies down with a bow and arrow .
you can join the EU army soon when you move away .cutting ties.

Reply to Brexit. We’re out! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock