Discuss Brexit. We’re out! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yes, the parliament decided to change the policy on the flag situation, its more democratic and accountable to have the whole parliament decide on such a matter- that way nobody can hide behind a small comittee

Ken Macintosh wouldn’t agree with you. I feel your hole is getting deeper.

PS Clearly you don’t read your own bull pup offered by your party. If one thing I’ve learnt over the years, is not to believe any politician. For what it’s worth, I’m not a lover of Boris, but it’s all we have at the moment. I would not trust your Nicola as far as I could krankie her.

Last edited:
The client (85 yrs old) proudly pipes up that all her family, all her 4 kids, partners and 4 grand kids are now Yes / pro indy.
She even told me the family had made sure the younger ones are on the voters role.
That just proves what all the official figures show... that education standards in Scotland are lower than the rest of the UK...

I can see it now 5 half million scots paddling around the north sea in a Scottish island and going round in circles and long john sturgeon shouting at the people row you dogs and
pointing to the EU .and when getting their to france and makron shouting not another lot of immigrants .lol.

I can see a better aspiration, let’s stick together and seek a better purpose.

Ken Macintosh wouldn’t agree with you. I feel your hole is getting deeper.

PS Clearly you don’t read your own bull pup offered by your party. If one thing I’ve learnt over the years, is not to believe any politician. For what it’s worth, I’m not a lover of Boris, but it’s all we have at the moment. I would not trust your Nicola as far as I could krankie her.

Ken will have to go with the will of the democratically (proportional) elected Scottish Parliament

It's not about Nicola, it's about independence.
Once we get independence I will not be voting SNP- they are a means to an end.

There is no other horse in the race that is supporting independence.

Ken will have to go with the will of the democratically (proportional) elected Scottish Parliament

It's not about Nicola, it's about independence.
Once we get independence I will not be voting SNP- they are a means to an end.

There is no other horse in the race that is supporting independence.

Why would you not still not vote SNP if they have done as much good as they say they have? Are they not exactly telling the truth?

I can see a better aspiration, let’s stick together and seek a better purpose.
Let's not
As much as I like the places and people of the UK the rest of the UK is leaning rightwards politically where Scotland is more left. That is the reason labour are failing.

Yes- we could stick together but it should be the decision of the Scottish people through a referendum to stay in or leave the union of parliaments.

Let's not
As much as I like the places and people of the UK the rest of the UK is leaning rightwards politically where Scotland is more left. That is the reason labour are failing.

Yes- we could stick together but it should be the decision of the Scottish people through a referendum to stay in or leave the union of parliaments.
Didn’t you already do that?

Let's not

That’s the conundrum, your leaning left wants to split the Union, it’s not a swear word. Westminster, as you phrase it, is made up of representatives of people’s across the UK. The last election screwed (albeit fed up up with Brexit crap) was also fed up jwith Labour. Popularity is short term.

Why would you not still not vote SNP if they have done as much good as they say they have? Are they not exactly telling the truth?
The SNP do a better job of running Scotland compared to Westminster running the UK, some examples
  • Scottish Futures Trust - the ONLY method of procurement in the UK is PFI, the Scottish Government set up their OWN PFI organisation to cap excess profits and return same profits to the Scottish Government.
  • NHS Procurement Scotland To help the Scottish NHS the procurement pools the buying power of all health boards in Scotland and saves - the Scottish NHS buys many things cheaper than the NHS in the rest of the UK
  • Banned many types of combustible cladding in 2007 onwards -----------------------The Building (Scotland) Act 2003 which came into force introduced the mandatory regulation which stated:
    “Every building must be designed and constructed in such a way that in the event of an outbreak of fire within the building, or from an external source, the spread of fire on the external walls of the building is inhibited.
  • Changed procurement law in Scotland to require apprentice and other benefits. Community benefit requirements are defined in the Procurement Reform (Scotland) Act 2014 as a contractual requirement imposed by a contracting authority: a) relating to: training and recruitment. availability of sub-contracting opportunities.
  • Regulated private landlords and required electrical checks and fire detection provision
  • Regulated letting agents and required them to be registered and meet minimum standards
  • Introduced the PRT - private residential tenancy - landlords cannot evict tenants without reason. No 'no fault' evictions any more for tenancies after Dec 2017.
  • Introduced over 1100 hours of free child care for parents free child care for parents
  • Built over 70,000 new affordable homes in Scotland -of these 48,813 are available for social renting, provided by councils or registered social landlords (RSLs).
  • The small business bonus scheme gives relief on property taxes for businesses which have a rateable value of £35,000 or less. This means many small businesses in Scotland pay no rates on their premises. It was introduced on April 1, 2008 by the Scottish Government.
  • Baby boxes
  • Banned fracking
  • Set up a Scottish National Investment Bank
  • Queensferry Crossing
  • Borders Railway reopened

The SNP do a better job of running Scotland compared to Westminster running the UK, some examples
  • Scottish Futures Trust - the ONLY method of procurement in the UK is PFI, the Scottish Government set up their OWN PFI organisation to cap excess profits and return same profits to the Scottish Government.
  • NHS Procurement Scotland To help the Scottish NHS the procurement pools the buying power of all health boards in Scotland and saves - the Scottish NHS buys many things cheaper than the NHS in the rest of the UK
  • Banned many types of combustible cladding in 2007 onwards -----------------------The Building (Scotland) Act 2003 which came into force introduced the mandatory regulation which stated:
    “Every building must be designed and constructed in such a way that in the event of an outbreak of fire within the building, or from an external source, the spread of fire on the external walls of the building is inhibited.
  • Changed procurement law in Scotland to require apprentice and other benefits. Community benefit requirements are defined in the Procurement Reform (Scotland) Act 2014 as a contractual requirement imposed by a contracting authority: a) relating to: training and recruitment. availability of sub-contracting opportunities.
  • Regulated private landlords and required electrical checks and fire detection provision
  • Regulated letting agents and required them to be registered and meet minimum standards
  • Introduced the PRT - private residential tenancy - landlords cannot evict tenants without reason. No 'no fault' evictions any more for tenancies after Dec 2017.
  • Introduced over 1100 hours of free child care for parents free child care for parents
  • Built over 70,000 new affordable homes in Scotland -of these 48,813 are available for social renting, provided by councils or registered social landlords (RSLs).
  • The small business bonus scheme gives relief on property taxes for businesses which have a rateable value of £35,000 or less. This means many small businesses in Scotland pay no rates on their premises. It was introduced on April 1, 2008 by the Scottish Government.
  • Baby boxes
  • Banned fracking
  • Set up a Scottish National Investment Bank
  • Queensferry Crossing
  • Borders Railway reopened

That my point. Why will you not keep voting for them after your referendum then?

That my point. Why will you not keep voting for them after your referendum then?

They are better than the craap we have as an alternative at the moment

We get 2 votes in the Scottish Parliament elections - one for constituency and one for list
The list votes can be a waste as the votes get divided by the number of seats a party wins in the constituency plus 1.

The SNP need a good opposition and checks and balances.
The poor opposition does not keep them on their toes and under less scrutiny. When we are independence many of us will not vote for SNP in the list at least and the small parties will rise- particularly the Greens

• Baby shoe boxes for the feet
  • Banned farting
  • Set up a Scottish National Investment Bank owned by dick turpin and co
  • Queensferry Crossing owed by the uk government
  • Borders Railway reopened to know where
so where can I sign up .lol.
[automerge]1580850365[/automerge]
That my point. Why will you not keep voting for them after your referendum then
because the EU will be running it .the collective the borg.
[automerge]1580850529[/automerge]
the Italy will be next to go .then grease with john Travolta sing staying alive .

Reply to Brexit. We’re out! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net