Discuss Broke the Bugger. the first break in my 76years! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
not been on lately due to spending the last 2 and a bit weeks in hospital having broke my femur. problem was the break was right at the top of the bone just below the joint and as such irrepairable, so the sawbones fitted me with a new shiny metal ball. Good news was that the pelvic socket was in perfect condition, no sign of arthritis, so OP was fairly simple. came back home yesterday, walking short distances with crutches atm.

Not ideal, but I think back a few years to when my mother broke her leg in a fall at 80 years of age. Hopefully you'll recover as well as she did and suffer no long term effects, once it's all properly healed. Time and patience.

Speedy Recovery Tel , take some time to recover properly and you will be back at it before long
at 76 i think it's time to pack it in apart from a bit of light duties e.g. testing and fault finding. the days of getting floorboard splinters are over for me.

not been on lately due to spending the last 2 and a bit weeks in hospital having broke my femur. problem was the break was right at the top of the bone just below the joint and as such irrepairable, so the sawbones fitted me with a new shiny metal ball. Good news was that the pelvic socket was in perfect condition, no sign of arthritis, so OP was fairly simple. came back home yesterday, walking short distances with crutches atm.
Wish you a speedy recovery Tel, I have always looked forward to your posts and got a lot from them, not just from the knowledge aspect but also the humour content. Take it steady and yes perhaps a rethink on the type of jobs undertaken might be a good move !

Wish you a speedy recovery Tel, I have always looked forward to your posts and got a lot from them, not just from the knowledge aspect but also the humour content. Take it steady and yes perhaps a rethink on the type of jobs undertaken might be a good move !
just doing some light work atm, testing and faults. mobility is coming back slowly. trying to cope with 'er indoors. according to 'er i fit enough to drag rubbish (garden waste) all over the place, but i should not drive!!!. dragging rubbish, i can fall and injure mesen. sitting in the van, driving, i can't fall !!. and to put it into perspective. driving to the local Spar is essential to resupply beer and smokes. rubbish still be there tomorrow or next month.

Reply to Broke the Bugger. the first break in my 76years! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock