Discuss BS7671 (18th) "Exam only" providers in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Can anybody recommend any reliable training providers which offer the option of just sitting the exam?
The usual local providers will only offer it as part of a 3 day course.
The nearest college I've found which does offer "exam only" is a 4 hours away.

Ironically, I've noticed the IET offer the courses which exclude the exam suggesting you simply contact a local training provider to take the exam.
Presumably they have never actually tried doing that! I'm assuming it would likely have to be an on-line route.

I done the training remotely and went to a local provider for the exam. They wanted to see that I had completed training even though the training was rubbish. I'm not sure if XS training offer the course.

Peninsular Training in Langport Somerset did it for me twice..You don't say where you are ..

I'm based in Norfolk, but I've tried the local providers for both EAL and City and Guilds without success, so I'm assuming it has to be the online route.

I done the training remotely and went to a local provider for the exam. They wanted to see that I had completed training even though the training was rubbish. I'm not sure if XS training offer the course.

XS offer a "Course Only" and the standard course and exam option - however they don't appear to offer an "Exam Only".
I will give them a ring to double check, but I'm pretty certain that will be the case.

How close are you to Norwich? I sat mine with NGEO in rackheath and previously done the course and exam 17th at Lowestoft college.

Reply to BS7671 (18th) "Exam only" providers in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net