Discuss bs7671 , guidance notes 3 amendmant 3 tables wrong? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mike Blair

looking at zs readings for type b bs60898 circuit breakers in bs7671 "page58" and looking at page 121 in the guidance notes 3 and seeing different readings??

This is a well known error.
The revised tables, for both GN3 and the OSG are available as a one page download from the IET site.
The Table in BS7671 is correct.

Yes Mike they have really made a big c00ck up on the Zs table. There is a download from various web sites. They even handed out an A4 print out when you bought a new copy for the OSG/GN3 from the IET.... Whoops, a bit more proof reading would be good lol.

Edit:- Alan beat me to it.

Last edited:
So I'll be better off keeping my counterfeit amendment 1 GN3 as it has less serious errors in it ?

Seriously, if they are going to force us to fritter away our hard earned every couple of years or so, they could at least make the mugging feel like it had at least some value to it.
In other words they could at least sprinkle a bit of sugar on the turds they are serving up for dinner.

I'll download the errata and make do with that.

There are a fair few errors in the other guidance notes as well, probably not as bad or comparatively risky as GN3, but still indicating pretty much no proof reading.
I am sure the outlay is worthwhile! might as well buy a comic, more fun, less errors.

Reply to bs7671 , guidance notes 3 amendmant 3 tables wrong? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All, Just looking for some advice: I'm in the process of updating an old cable calc spreadsheet that helps to spit out Zs and Voltage Drop...
Replies
Views
EICR picked up no continuity on cpc on 3 pendants fittings in a grd Floor Flat. Zs measured @ other pendants & complies. Different opinions on the...
Replies
Views
Doing a lot of EICRs at the moment and have came across what I'm sure is a common enough problem. In an off grid rural cottage I have a TT system...
Replies
Views
Hello, Looking for some advice following a botched 3 phase upgrade today. Some background: Commercial unit originally fitted out (4 years ago)...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone In September 2023 I rented a beautiful 3 bedroom apartment, with all electric supply, no gas powered appliances. I noted down the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock