Discuss Bungalow rewire in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

flukey

-
Reaction score
hi all,
got a bungalow rewire to price tomorrow and must admit i am a bit out of touch with pricing this type of rewire :eek:
whats the going rate for complete rewire for occupied 1950s 3 bed bungalow, with floorboards and fairly clear loft access :confused:
could do with winning this one as work has dried up a bit of late, thanks in advance ;)

we use a budget cost system of about 60 pounds per point
so 1 socket 60/ 1 light and switch 60/ cu60/ 3 sockets side by side 3 times 60
count the points in your house like this see what you think
allow more if you are doing your own chasing or going surface

we use a budget cost system of about 60 pounds per point
so 1 socket 60/ 1 light and switch 60/ cu60/ 3 sockets side by side 3 times 60
count the points in your house like this see what you think
allow more if you are doing your own chasing or going surface
thanks for the reply mark. you sure about the cu at £60 though :confused:

Hi Guys.

Just wondwering does £60 per point cover labour and part....??

CU for £60 we all will be out of business........!!!...just a though.....!!!

if you work it out at that on your own houses see what happens obviously you loose on the cu and shower but you make it back on the small things and in places like a kitchen. i have about 50 points in my 3 bed house at 60 per point is 3000 pounds.
and you are doing a bungalow so its got to be easier, all in the loft ,and i did say budget cost ,how much for gear 600-800
that leaves a couple of grand for labour i am employed but am i really that out of touch at pricing

This is what we do £50 per point £60 for 2ways, £350 mains, £60 cooker and shower, £80 for bonding, thats just for bog standard white, if they want chrome for eg we just price the difference and add it on +10%.

hi all
we have 1000MWgenerator with gas engine ,last day its PMG(permanent magnet generator)winding burnt out .i did not find out the basic cause of this ,any one can help me
regard

Evening All.

I would just like ask people how they invoice their customers.

Do you have separate prices for labour and materials, or do you just lump everything together with a complete price?

thanks
Harry

Evening All.

I would just like ask people how they invoice their customers.

Do you have separate prices for labour and materials, or do you just lump everything together with a complete price?

thanks
Harry

I just itemise the works done and at the bottom has "Total inc Materials."

I dont list labour and materials separate, unless i am subbying and have to split out costs due to being CIS registered.

I would be interested to hear other peoples way too.

i dont have this issue being employed, but what jason says makes sense then the client cant work out how much an hour you have made on their job

Indeed, although it isnt only that.

If you price for a job and you do it, more often that not, you have the materials in the shed, so sometimes you dont even have to buy anything.

So the total sometimes can be just labour.

I just itemise the works done and at the bottom has "Total inc Materials."

I dont list labour and materials separate, unless i am subbying and have to split out costs due to being CIS registered.

I would be interested to hear other peoples way too.
i just do a written quote along with a copy of my standard terms and conditions that both get signed before any work starts then when i invoice it just states the work done and the price agreed so nothing is itemised at all;)

Reply to Bungalow rewire in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock