Discuss C&G 2365 Level 2 w/ private provider worth the time/money? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello to all,

I am a 28 year old lad who has been in the building game since 16 mainly involving groundworks / extensions / full refurbishments for a small firm, gaining lots of hand on knowledge. I have done the odd fault finding / rectifying around the house, run cables for sparks on the job and shadowed a gang of sparks on a commercial 3phase rewire in a school.

Basically I would like to get into the trade, but work full time so would like to gain the relevant qualifications so that a prospective electrical employer may find me more employable as it were.

I have been looking at C&G 2365 level 2 through a private provider, would this be a sensible start?
Or possibly the Part-P & 18th Ed wiring regs?

I really don’t want to go chucking my hard earned money away and would just like to be pointed in the right direction of a starting point to a domestic electrical career, aside from a college/apprenticeship.

In an ideal world I would only be interested in doing domestic installs for customers, and am quite aware of the requirements for a competent person scheme I.e. hands on experience/evidence of work, which I do not currently have.

If for instance I gained the C&G 2365 level 2, and completed a full rewire of my girlfriends house including adding additional circuits signed of by building control. Would this be feasible as competent evidence of work and thus enabling me to register on a competent persons scheme?

Try working backwards. Enquire with the comp person's schemes and clarify what requirements they need. 2365 L2 , 18th Edition etc are a good start but you'll also need to know what you are doing in respect of testing in order to sign jobs of with an EIC of even a MWEIC. I think 2391 is the latest Inspect / Test qualification. Its then a case of shopping around based on cost and convenience. There's lots of info on here. Good luck.

Try working backwards. Enquire with the comp person's schemes and clarify what requirements they need. 2365 L2 , 18th Edition etc are a good start but you'll also need to know what you are doing in respect of testing in order to sign jobs of with an EIC of even a MWEIC. I think 2391 is the latest Inspect / Test qualification. Its then a case of shopping around based on cost and convenience. There's lots of info on here. Good luck.
Thanks, I think actually clarifying the scope of requirements for a competent persons scheme would be a good place to start, with a few bodies. Thanks for your advice Alan

Reply to C&G 2365 Level 2 w/ private provider worth the time/money? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net