Discuss C/U change with housing Association in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Glenn I understand what you're saying mate but that's supposedly only in the private letting sector. The rules are usually followed by social housing providers as they're not (supposedly) doing it for profit
well yes it is Trev......and a lot of it is the use of inappropriate accessories/fittings.....such as hard plastic surface boxes at skirting board level...soon get smacked off the wall by furniture legs and the "party animals" that often inhabit these places.......thats when we get the call to come out to fix it.......24 hour party people....dont you just love em..!!!

well yes it is Trev......and a lot of it is the use of inappropriate accessories/fittings.....such as hard plastic surface boxes at skirting board level...soon get smacked off the wall by furniture legs and the "party animals" that often inhabit these places.......thats when we get the call to come out to fix it.......24 hour party people....dont you just love em..!!!

i dont do domestic i have a love hate relationship with fork lift drivers 10% useful the rest blind and dumb and very destructive

well there was this place i worked at once....before i got into sparkying......well there was this foreman called steve who had an armchair...sorry thats forklift truck all to himself.....there were these drains all over the place and they had wooden covers over em......some of which were rotten....now then,..he knew this but still had to drive over em..so the wheels would crash through and one of the other trucks would have to drag it out....all good to go you think yes?...wrong as what would have happened is when he went down the drain it would have smacked off the hydraulic pipes feeding the torque converter on the transmission ....and there would be a trail of oil wherever he went.....until it ran out of oil that is.. then the damn thing would start lurching and stopping......his solution?.....to top it up with oil and carry on driving around on it....thats til the factory ran out of oil to put in it.....then and only then would he either park it up....or leave it wherever it had lurched to a halt and go get the fitter to see to it......mad that place was when i think back about it......

Last edited:
I find it annoying at times when people use acronyms and expect everyone to know them.

For interest Ring Final Circuit comes 57[SUP]th[/SUP] in the international list of acronyms for RFC. Rugby Football Club is first.
Then of course RFC is also internationally recognised as Radial Final Circuit, which comes in at 65[SUP]th[/SUP] in the listing. So it really is a bad one to use.

I agree.

I've become so fed up with this that I'm going to start a campaign against it.

Anyone interested in joining me is more than welcome.

I'm thinking of calling it the Camapign for the Removal of the Abbreviated Phrase ..............

........... or CRAP for short !!!!

:rofl:

yes i am able to sort this problem out. and i am going so. but my point to it was gettin the green light from the housing association this house is a can of warms.....cable after cable is extended on connector blocks...(which is the fault) ive even found sockets in the house to have the lives of the ring put into a connector block and then extended with a single 6mm cable

point is how much of your own money do you spend sorting out a house someone else owns? when they should do repairs but i know they will never turn up to do it.

Not a single brass farthing bonny lad !!!

I'd be going down the road of forcing them to get your home up to a reasonable standard !!!

Years ago, I used to live in what is called social housing.
I often used to install extra socket-outlets, and make alterations to the electrical system.
In one place I even went so far as to demolish a couple of walls, and re-plaster the kitchen/diner.
It was only when I came to demolish the walls, that I discovered I was supposed to ask permission first.

Yo Man: What you talkin bout ? there don't be nuttin wrong with us 24 hour party animals, just give us some Ganja & beer, then let us alone:sifone::tounge_smile:

Reply to C/U change with housing Association in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net