Discuss Cable Size to feed consumer Unit in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, I have a number of light industrial units on one site, one unit is very large and difficult to let, so we have split it and created a smaller 2500 sq ft unit. We now need to run a new supply to it and fit a new consumer unit, we normally fit 3 phase boards with room for a 16 amp and 32 amp breaker, as most of the end users are small businesses without a massive need for big electricity supplies. All our units are sub metered from our incoming supply, so my question is what size of cable do I need to install, the rest of the units seem to be in 4 core 10mm and 4 core 16mm, the distance from the sub meter to the consumer unit is about 30m. Thanks in advance

in what capacity do you think we can work you loading out for the cable size for the said units I agree with des56. if you are not happy
with sparks who are working for you and advising you what cable that needs to be put in .employ some body else .

If main protective bonding is required in the units then it must have a sufficient csa to support this bonding. It should be noted the cables used for the existing units wired using 10.0 and 16.0 do not, assuming the armoured is used as the cpc.

Reply to Cable Size to feed consumer Unit in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I am planning to go semi off grid with a victron and battery system. The system will be installed in an out building about 20 meters away from...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have supplied my Shed with a 6mm SWA cable into a nice consumer unit. In there I have a 6Amp MCB for the lights and a 16 A supplying a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I was wondering what size cable and braker I'd need for an electric shower. Just out of intrest am I close in guessing as follows: The...
Replies
Views
Hi all, what is the best way to configure surge protection in domestic dwellings when you have multiple consumer units? Does each consumer unit...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, A diversity question concerning 2 consumer units fed from 100amp DNO supply Background, So I have an 18th Ed compliant consumer...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock