Discuss Can any one recommend a reliable gas fire in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Percyprod

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Thinking of replacing electric fire with gas one, electric ok but noisy, one of these fancy fan heaters. Last gas fire was always going wrong, so was wondering if any one could recommend one that is reliable, or more to the point, which ones aren't reliable! Not after anything fancy, but Valor and Flavel seem to be the sort of make we would be looking at.

Thinking of replacing electric fire with gas one, electric ok but noisy, one of these fancy fan heaters. Last gas fire was always going wrong, so was wondering if any one could recommend one that is reliable, or more to the point, which ones aren't reliable! Not after anything fancy, but Valor and Flavel seem to be the sort of make we would be looking at.

Hello Percyprod,

You should get more replies if you post this thread on the UK Plumbers Forum as there will be Gas Engineers on there some of who will have a lot of experience on Installing and Servicing Gas Fires:

Plumbing Forum - http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/forums/plumbing-forum.15/

I am a registered Gas Engineer but I have only fitted Gas Fires if they were part of one of my Heating & Plumbing Contracts or on the odd occasion for Family and Friends - so I don`t have enough `Reliability Information` to recommend a particular Gas Fire Manufacturer or Gas Fire.

However - Valor did have a very good reputation the last time that I discussed Manufacturers with other Gas Engineers - although that was some years ago.

I hope that You get some recommendations from the UK Plumbers Forum.

Regards,

Chris

Reply to Can any one recommend a reliable gas fire in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net