Discuss Can anyone help with where to get theses LED lights? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all.
The attached photos show an LED lighting module that is in some signage. Has anyone seen these before, or know where I am able to get hold of someCan anyone help with where to get theses LED lights? DSC_0858.JPG - EletriciansForums.net Can anyone help with where to get theses LED lights? DSC_0859.JPG - EletriciansForums.net They are showing they are 8v.
Thanks for any help.

Malc

I do not know where they are available but they are very basic, if you check what the supply to them is then you may be able to replace them with a cheap low power LED strip instead. Or if you need the specific locations of the LEDs then a short section of strip at each point.
It looks like the strips may be supplied with ac and then changed down on the strip to their supply voltage as that may be a rectifier smoother circuit under the yellow gunge.

I don't know what the supply is, as there isn't anywhere to test. The cable goes straight into the building and then disappears.

I don't know what the supply is, as there isn't anywhere to test. The cable goes straight into the building and then disappears.

You can't continue until you've found the point of isolation and the power supply.
The power supply won't be far from the sign.
Is it looped out of the sign next to it?
If you don't know where the source is how do you know the sign is faulty?
What does the sign indicate?

As above the simplest way would be to buy LED strip and matching power supply.

The signs are high on the side of a metal building (car dealers). There is no access to the inside where the cables comes in. The only isolation is at the board.
There are three of these led modules in this one letter/sign. Two are not working but one is so I know there is power to the sign. It's the same for some of the other letters. Some modules are working and others are not.

If the signs are mounted high the power supplies will be on the roof and the cables dropped down the cladding.
People who work with signs on a daily basis would have no trouble finding the power supply and replacing the LEDs.

Find a local sign manufacturer they'll sell you the parts.
I used get replacement neon letters made locally, the manufacturer was always helpful.

No, there is nothing on the roof. I checked when I was trying to find the cables for half a dozen flood lights that don't work, no power to them. They too just disappear into the cladding and no access whatsoever.
There are no companies that make signs like that locally. There's sod all in Lincoln!
I've found something in Grimsby maybe they can help.
Thanks

Reply to Can anyone help with where to get theses LED lights? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock