Discuss CAN I CONNECT 10mm2 IN TO A 25mm2 Henley block? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinny86

DIY
Reaction score
Hi there. I’m installing a secondary mini consumer box with a 40 amp RCBO.

The main tail that comes from the meter is 25mm2 and goes in to a Henley block and then another set of 25mm2 tails come out from this and go in to the main consumer unit of the house.
Mains service fuse is rated at 80amps.

my question is, can I connect a new set of 10mm2 tails from the Henry block that is going in to a new secondary new mini consumer box which only has one 40ampRCBO in it.

is this configuration ok?

please some one advice.CAN I CONNECT 10mm2 IN TO A 25mm2 Henley block? 891B6C74-CA86-4B02-BBD5-F19108BDC914 - EletriciansForums.net
Thanks

Can I assume you are not an electrician.

What range does it say on the henley block

What range does it say on the henley block
It’s says 25mm2 to 35mm2 on the Henley block.
[automerge]1598210643[/automerge]
What is going on with that foam?....it’s not even pink!.....amateurs ? as above though what Henley is it?...and that’s really diy scope works mate...
I’ve removed the foam. It was to fill the gaps as a lot of insects were coming in

How will you be isolating the supply to carry out the connection?

What exactly are you doing and have you notified building control under Part P of the building regulations.

How will you be isolating the supply to carry out the connection?
I’m going to add a proteus 100amp double pole isolator.
[automerge]1598210831[/automerge]
What exactly are you doing and have you notified building control under Part P of the building regulations.
Yes Im
In the middle of filling the form out to inform DNO.
I’m installing a 32 amp 7kW car charger.

I’ll be honest and say you need to employ the services of an electrician. This isn’t a project to be undertaken by a casual DIYer.

These works are way beyond your capabilities and from what you are suggesting I recommend you seek the services of an electrician so the job can be certified in accordance to current requirements.
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CAN I CONNECT 10mm2 IN TO A 25mm2 Henley block? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock