Discuss Can i connect garden lights to soffit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Phil2203

DIY
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm looking to put some of them golfball style string lights around my patio area. Is there any way of connecting them to my soffit lights. All the lights I can see are plug in ones. Thanks

best thing to do, if you are not confident would be to chat to a local electrician.
they will tell you what lights to buy, let you install them and then they can come and connect them up for you.
you will even get a certificate to show that it has been done in a way that ensures your safety.

best thing to do, if you are not confident would be to chat to a local electrician.
they will tell you what lights to buy, let you install them and then they can come and connect them up for you.
you will even get a certificate to show that it has been done in a way that ensures your safety.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'd be able to do it myself but like I say, I can only find lights on a plug. Are there lights on the market that can be wired straight into a lighting circuit

yes, many lights can have the plug cut off and be wired directly into a lighting circuit.
there are other things to consider before doing so.

i.e.
are the lights low voltage and powered by a plug with built in voltage regulation.
is the circuit you intend to power them from protected by an rcd.
there may be other things to consider but without a LOT more info, it is hard to advise.

so unfortunately on this occasion, the best advice i can give is to involve a local spark, they will be able to provide you with better advice after visiting site.

Reply to Can i connect garden lights to soffit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi folks, I have been out to quote for a soffit lighting job. I have done jobs like this many times but usually only installing lights in the top...
Replies
Views
Evening everyone . Currently looking at pricing a job up . It’s a hot tub supply . Outside socket with a few spare ways in an outdoor cu . 10mm...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking to get the lionshare of a small shed wired before a friendly electrician does the needful. I'm a confident DIYer, but I would...
Replies
Views
I have a Security Light on my patio and until recently it worked fine. It stopped working and I couldn't decide if it was the LED Floodlight or...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon All Currently doing an EICR on common parts of a big site with multiple blocks. All blocks have outside garden spike lighting in...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock