Discuss can i do certificates in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

sparkybaz

i currently work for a company and have done for 23 yrs,ive my 17th edition and test and inspection,all i basically do is periodic tests on empty properties and its driving me mad.i'm setting up my own property maintenance company in january and intend doing it part time to start with then leaving my current job if all goes well.
can i do minor works,installation certificates and periodics with my current quolifications without joining any governing bodies.
cheers all

i currently work for a company and have done for 23 yrs,ive my 17th edition and test and inspection,all i basically do is periodic tests on empty properties and its driving me mad.i'm setting up my own property maintenance company in january and intend doing it part time to start with then leaving my current job if all goes well.
can i do minor works,installation certificates and periodics with my current quolifications without joining any governing bodies.
cheers all

Think you can as long as you go through LABC for notifiable work, most governing bodies sell generic certs.

im in same position mate, im ringing the labc 2moro to see were i stand, i heard off one spark u can just take your certs and stuff down to them and prove ur a compotent person. ill let u know. I personally dont want to be paying all that money out, when im doing it only part time.

im in same position mate, im ringing the labc 2moro to see were i stand, i heard off one spark u can just take your certs and stuff down to them and prove ur a compotent person. ill let u know. I personally dont want to be paying all that money out, when im doing it only part time.

hi, you may well proove compotence with labc but there still gonna want the fee off you. thats who whole point of going with nic, napit etc.
and if they dont want a fee which i would be very suprised about, then i for one would be very annoyed!

but yeah or OP post, you can do whatever work you like. if its notifiable then obviouly you will need to pay labc. dont think you will need to pay for pir's mind, only actual "work done" is what you pay labc for.

hope that helps

cant say for sure but i know nic is £436 ish, think the others are around about the same maybe slightly cheaper but not a lot.

I'm just doing my 2 jobs for niceic, one is a cu change, labc in Reading are charging me £163 to notifiy, at this cost must be better to register with niciec, napit,elesca

Reply to can i do certificates in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock