Discuss Can LSF and grey household T&E be mixed together in a install in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
As the question above states can I mix white LSF and standard grey domestic twin and earth together in a new installation.

The property is a domestic property being rewired so wouldn’t be any need for the lsf I just have a few drums of 1.5mm on the van and thought of using them instead of ordering more in.

Obviously the circuits wired in 2.5mm would all be in grey domestic rated cable as I have none and just the lighting circuits would be wired in the LSF I have. Obviously apart from the colour difference and difference in rated temperature is there any other obvious reasons why I shouldn’t use this.

Can’t find any reason to not use it and trying to save on buying the necessary 1.5mm just because of its colour.

Opinions on this please.

Thanks in advance.

Yes its fine just seems a bit of a waste of pricey LSF cable for a grubby domestic

That said if its old van stock then might as well use it up

Reply to Can LSF and grey household T&E be mixed together in a install in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all, I wonder if I can get some opinion on my deliberations on an old TPN installation with numerous 1P sub-boards wired up with 16mm T&E...
Replies
Views
Wouldn't normally note this as an observation on a report but feel I need to. The way the building has been wired is all circuits on L1 have been...
Replies
Views
Evening Gents just after a bit of advice and what would you do differently. I have wired up 3 kw heaters in 4mm tuff cable (40 meter distance...
Replies
Views
Hi, plumber here so please be gentle (or take the p-ss ;) ), I am supposed to be installing a UV water steriliser for a customer. I have some...
Replies
Views
Getting desperate to clear my small garage, and I have a bit of old red/black T&E. I used a few bits to add a socket or two in my flat and a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock