Discuss CAN THE EMPLOYER BE SERIOUS in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I wonder what the "Housing Associations" think of the ECIR's they are presented with by this crew and do they actually read them or just file them in ignorance

I'm currently doing 6 heart transplants a day,with a spoon i stole from Witherspoons.....none of my patients have complained...
think you must have rushed mine on a friday afternoon. it feels like a brick on a pendulum. (or is there where you lost your Rolex?)

think you must have rushed mine on a friday afternoon. it feels like a brick on a pendulum. (or is there where you lost your Rolex?)
At least you've got something solid, mine is already half melted, serves me right for being so unsympathetic, cynical, sarcastic and all those emotions people don't like ?

'I will continue to test the installations properly as per my training. I do not want to be culpable for a bad installation with my signature on it and i have a duty under the health and safety executive to ensure i'm doing everything within my remit to protect myself and those who dwell in the properties of the installations i'm testing. This cannot be done properly in 1 hour and normally requires [insert how long it takes you] to do the job properly as per the guidelines.'

Do it in writing.

Then look for another job.

MY PAL HAS STARTED WORK FOR A COMPANY THAT HAS LOTS OF CONTACTS WITH LOCAL HOUSING ASSOCIATIONS ( 1000s of properties) HE IS DOING EICR’s & minor remedials eg cracked socket sets replacement)HE WAS DOING 5 a day at a max push but was told he needs to do 8 a day as a min . The paperwork is done on a pad by engineer at time of test. He has been told that he won’t have a job long if he can’t do 8 properties a day . Surely this can’t be right . The company is NICEIC accredited. Is it even possible to do 8 a day even if 10% of accessories have to be checked .
Please Tell your friend, to carry on doing the work at the pace he sees fit to achieve a nice safe compliant Job, with no stones unturned to complete his EICR's . HE MUST NOT Let ANYONE Bully him into taking shortcuts and producing falsified EICRs. If they Haul him in the office, then he needs to ask them straight "Are you asking me to take shortcuts" because the job isnt possible in the time you are stating. Innocent peoples lives are at risk here, It take some Balls to do it - I have been in the exact position years ago, and i actually told the person who was grilling me "How can you give a window of time for a Job, you are not actually qualified to do, or indeed have any experience of doing".

Never mind doing 8 how the hell was he doing 5 in a day?……it will never change, if he was stupid enough to do 12 a day they’d want 15….I’d just do what I could do properly and wait till the fired me then see em in court ?
Thats my thought.
Do the amount you can do properly.
Keep emails, letters messages etc
If boss sacks him then off to employment tribunal and sue them.
If it takes 3 hours per property it takes 3 hours end of.
The payout in court could be good. Also the.damage to them as a business will see that contract quickly.end

Thats my thought.
Do the amount you can do properly.
Keep emails, letters messages etc
If boss sacks him then off to employment tribunal and sue them.
If it takes 3 hours per property it takes 3 hours end of.
The payout in court could be good. Also the.damage to them as a business will see that contract quickly.end
Unfortunately you have zero rights until you've been in a company PAYE for at least 2 years, unless the 'constructive dismissal' is on grounds of race, gender, etc.

Unfortunately you have zero rights until you've been in a company PAYE for at least 2 years, unless the 'constructive dismissal' is on grounds of race, gender, etc.
As A 'Worker' you don't have tribunal protection (as opposed to an Employee, who does. Check your contract), You do however have protection as a Whistleblower Whistleblowing for employees - https://www.gov.uk/whistleblowing

If you are unabke to Whistleblow internally then you would need to do so the the HSE, as there is no 'Prescribed Body' for trades or construction and so HSE would be the best fit.

Last edited:
As A 'Worker' you don't have tribunal protection (as opposed to an Employee, who does. Check your contract), You do however have protection as a Whistleblower Whistleblowing for employees - https://www.gov.uk/whistleblowing

If you are unabke to Whistleblow internally then you would need to do so the the HSE, as there is no 'Prescribed Body' for trades or construction and so HSE would be the best fit.

Didn't know about this rule.

However in the real world you'd still lose your job. They'd just call it redundancy or 'lack of work'. 'Sorry mate, got nowt on, gonna have to let you go.'

Please Tell your friend, to carry on doing the work at the pace he sees fit to achieve a nice safe compliant Job, with no stones unturned to complete his EICR's . HE MUST NOT Let ANYONE Bully him into taking shortcuts and producing falsified EICRs. If they Haul him in the office, then he needs to ask them straight "Are you asking me to take shortcuts" because the job isnt possible in the time you are stating. Innocent peoples lives are at risk here, It take some Balls to do it - I have been in the exact position years ago, and i actually told the person who was grilling me "How can you give a window of time for a Job, you are not actually qualified to do, or indeed have any experience of doing".
It's almost as if they just want you to stick your head in long enough to find a few C2s and C1s, fail the EICR then quote for remedial, if you're lucky they'll do the full testing during the remedial (I know).

Didn't know about this rule.

However in the real world you'd still lose your job. They'd just call it redundancy or 'lack of work'. 'Sorry mate, got nowt on, gonna have to let you go.'
And if they did you may still be able to take them to tribunal, providing you can prove the work is there (copies of calendars/schedules, jobsheets etc), it's an arse to do but it çan be doable, depends how badly you want to stay there I guess.

Reply to CAN THE EMPLOYER BE SERIOUS in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock