Aico 3000
This official sponsor may provide discounts to registered members

Discuss CAN THE EMPLOYER BE SERIOUS in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts to registered members

GBDamo

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've said it before, this will end up coming back to bite people once someone gets hurt/killed by dangerous electrics which have been signed off by one of these jokers.
The problem is the pricks in the shiny suits and pointy shoes will just blame the poor sap who signed the cert.

I've seen these guys and they're often afraid of their shadow running round chasing their arses afraid their not upto it because they can't do X per day.

Baddegg

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Never mind doing 8 how the hell was he doing 5 in a day?……it will never change, if he was stupid enough to do 12 a day they’d want 15….I’d just do what I could do properly and wait till the fired me then see em in court 😁

timhoward

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I don't think I could find 8 properties, park, get the gear in and untangle the test leads without losing at least 2 hours of the day and that's if they are vaguely near each other.
Most I've ever done is 2, and that just about felt ok as the first one was fairly simple.

LukeD

-
Arms
Reaction score
got to do something to ease the boredom of writing up false eicrs
Huge money was made .Guys on scooters all over london offering bad landlords "good results" so they did not need to spend money .This country could not organise a thing these days .Its a mess

pirate

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
to the OP...
while you are striving to complete 8 a day, your employer is living it up at his golf club, telling his friends that he has all these mugs knocking their pans out and filling his wallet.
You are better than that!
Do what you can do, do it well, and if you get sacked, name and shame.
You have a defence (doing an important job properly), he has none. If you can stand your ground, and can get the other guys in the same situation to do the same, you will win. The employer will go bust...and that alone will mitigate against him exploiting others.
If you can't sleep at night knowing your name is on those certificates, then you are in the right place.
Good luck!

UNG

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I wonder what the "Housing Associations" think of the ECIR's they are presented with by this crew and do they actually read them or just file them in ignorance

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm currently doing 6 heart transplants a day,with a spoon i stole from Witherspoons.....none of my patients have complained...
think you must have rushed mine on a friday afternoon. it feels like a brick on a pendulum. (or is there where you lost your Rolex?)

Lister1987

-
Trainee
Esteemed
Reaction score
think you must have rushed mine on a friday afternoon. it feels like a brick on a pendulum. (or is there where you lost your Rolex?)
At least you've got something solid, mine is already half melted, serves me right for being so unsympathetic, cynical, sarcastic and all those emotions people don't like 😂

Reply to CAN THE EMPLOYER BE SERIOUS in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net