Discuss Cef yess electrical in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

jt1983bro

Hi fellas,

I'm new to this site and was asking you guys in another post about using CEF and good suppliers for price and service both online and offline ect, the name Yess Electrical came up in a post,someone said about a buy out or family fall out with CEF and I stumbled across this Welcome now WTF is this all about.

I think I will just use one man band or screwfix/electrifix

I think the story goes like this a father who owned CEF died leaving the 2 brothers who disagreed so one of them peeled off to start up a rival electrical supplies company hence the court case. Now do I know this as fact NO its just the chatter in the wholesalers

If Yesss have a business model where as they treat their customers with respect and do not try to fleece them £12 for a 20mm internal SWA gland, then I might give them a go.

I hope they dont bring the CEF attitude with them ie O you dont have an account and you need a Protius RCBO hold on while I think of a number also dont bother with our web sites unlike TLC we dont give pictures or prices

I hope they dont bring the CEF attitude with them ie O you dont have an account and you need a Protius RCBO hold on while I think of a number also dont bother with our web sites unlike TLC we dont give pictures or prices

Seems CEF are not well liked I'm really glad I put my other post out here about future suppliers I will avoid these guys like the Plague !!:crazy:

I get on well with CEF but I'm one of the usher round the counter for a cuppa tea people you talk of!

Gentlemen,
Thank you all for your input, let me clear up for you that Yesss electrical is absoultely nothing to do with City Electrical Facxtors. Tom Mackie's son and two grand children are the driving force behind Yesss. City Electrical has been, and always will be owned by the Mackie family, Thomas H Mackie now heads the company and under him we have two managing directors, and seven general (regional) managers.
CEF always has, and will continue to offer it's existing customers, and any new customers the best possible service we can give, at a fair price. We never claim to be the cheapest wholesaler, this is something we step away from. Let other suppliers butcher the market place, de-value the product and publish rock bottom prices to not only you, but your customers also. Could you imagine the uproar if CEF posted priced catalougues through your customers doors, thus eliminating your opportunity to make money on materials? It doesn't bare thinking about.
Agreed, you may pay a few percent more to use City Electrical Factors Ltd in some cases, but let me give you a few reasons why.
24HR 7 days a week Delivery, a 400 branch network that can be used by all account users, access to £200k of stocks at most branches, deliveries within 20minutes in managers cars if the situation calls, Free of charge lighting design, free of charge heating design, free of charge fire alarm design, Free Tea and coffee, technical advice from staff with over 50years experience between them in branches. Trade shows and breakfast mornings. 30 days credit, settlement discount, incentive reward schemes..... I could go on all day.
The bottom line is this, we offer a service and we employ quality people. People deal with people.
If for any reason you feel you have been over charged and you don't hold an account, it's because we try to protect the trade, YOUR WELL BEING. Feel free to go and speak with your local account manager or pop into your local branch, i guarantee you won't be dissapointed.
Good luck in your new venture.
Paul Church

yup I'm a supporter paul, and yes proteus is total crap, however there is more to city's than just proteus, as for the internal arguing I have no idea or do not care, however if "yess" open a branch in Gloucester I bet I would open an account.

Paul
I wish you all the best in your venture just a couple of things though paying a couple of percent more to use CEF is in my view an understatement more like think of a number with the experience I have had plus sorry free coffee does not mean you have to pay in my view well over the odds for materials I use Senate Rexel and funny enough you get free coffee and decent prices.

So do I use CEF ? Well only if I have a gun to my head and I need to buy a Protius circuit breaker other than that I shop around

I went into cef yesterday, not by choice but because I needed a proteus rcd and mcb for a job, I set up an account years ago but stopped going there very quickly because everything was %20 - 40% more in some cases than my local wholesaler for no better and a lot of the time worse quality fittings, if you they stop offering free designing perhaps the prices would come down

Couple of percent? Get in the real world. I refuse to have anything to do with CEF for some very simple reasons. The quality of kit (IMHO) is barely good enough to get a BS number. The prices quoted at the counter bear no resemblance to what the prices are on the invoice (over £60 for a £10 torch among a lot of other things) and the staff would rather take the ---- than actually give advice on their products.

Denmans, Edmunsons and even B&Q for me but not anything CEF.

Gentlemen,
Thank you all for your input, let me clear up for you that Yesss electrical is absoultely nothing to do with City Electrical Facxtors. Tom Mackie's son and two grand children are the driving force behind Yesss. City Electrical has been, and always will be owned by the Mackie family, Thomas H Mackie now heads the company and under him we have two managing directors, and seven general (regional) managers.
CEF always has, and will continue to offer it's existing customers, and any new customers the best possible service we can give, at a fair price. We never claim to be the cheapest wholesaler, this is something we step away from. Let other suppliers butcher the market place, de-value the product and publish rock bottom prices to not only you, but your customers also. Could you imagine the uproar if CEF posted priced catalougues through your customers doors, thus eliminating your opportunity to make money on materials? It doesn't bare thinking about.
Agreed, you may pay a few percent more to use City Electrical Factors Ltd in some cases, but let me give you a few reasons why.
24HR 7 days a week Delivery, a 400 branch network that can be used by all account users, access to £200k of stocks at most branches, deliveries within 20minutes in managers cars if the situation calls, Free of charge lighting design, free of charge heating design, free of charge fire alarm design, Free Tea and coffee, technical advice from staff with over 50years experience between them in branches. Trade shows and breakfast mornings. 30 days credit, settlement discount, incentive reward schemes..... I could go on all day.
The bottom line is this, we offer a service and we employ quality people. People deal with people.
If for any reason you feel you have been over charged and you don't hold an account, it's because we try to protect the trade, YOUR WELL BEING. Feel free to go and speak with your local account manager or pop into your local branch, i guarantee you won't be dissapointed.
Good luck in your new venture.
Paul Church

To be fair to you Paul, I got bored of the company propaganda after the first paragraph, but even you admit there is a connection between the two companies.

So you charge us more to protect the trade. I'll try that one next time a customer asks why prices are so high :)

Of what I read in your statement CEF are not offering anything more or less than all the other wholesaler and to be honest most are cheaper than CEF - Eddies, Electric Centre, Newies, Denmans etc etc. I'm really not that bothered if I get a free cup of tea or not. Dancing naked girls, maybe, but not tea. A lot of sparkies want to know what they are paying for goods up front, not some 'russian roulette' game of we will invoice you later. I've personally used CEF once. The branch had an obscure part I wanted which saved me using the internet - which I would have done. I had to guess a price to bill the customer as the CEF invoice arrived sometime after I had invoiced them. How about CEF using the internet or email to invoice like other wholesalers do, that would surely save cost?

So do I use CEF ? Well only if I have a gun to my head and I need to buy a Protius circuit breaker other than that I shop around

I'd rather pay the customer to let me fit a new board than touch anything with the name Proteus on it!

In greek mythology Proteus was a god of the sea - which is where all the products should be ----ed :)

Paul

On the top right of the page their is a advanced search bar.

Type in CEF and have a hour or two looking at some of the past comments re the company you are promoting!!

And there was me thinking advertising like that was discouraged on here. But saying tbat paul church....thank you - you have just confirmed why i no longer trade with cef.

Reply to Cef yess electrical in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock