Discuss ceiling fan lights blink DIY in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

brimfield

DIY
Reaction score
I have a pair of Hunter ceiling fans that are 20 years old. In the past few years they have started to burn out bulbs in a few months. They always start by blinking intermittent blinking then they go out. I have taken down the light portion of the fan to see what might be going on. youtube videos suggest that a current limiter could be bad. Problem is that I do not see a current limiter as described in our lights. I was thinking of eliminating the pull cord light switch and there is a wire that goes from the light switch to a blue wire labled for light that goes into the harness. We have tied all kind of bulbs but we now use LED 100 watt equivalent bulbs Cree was the last ones and we got 2 months and 3 of six are out.light harness.jpg

Reply to ceiling fan lights blink DIY in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I am adding a light fixture in a room I am restoring in my 160 yo house. I have ran a new 12-2 w/ground wire from the ceiling box to a junction...
Replies
Views
Hi, have an old bathroom fan. Which has two wires the black and red (line and neutral). The fan has no isolator switch and was powered when the...
Replies
Views
My ceiling fan does not have light. couple of weeks the light started blinking then it went off. I did my search and everyone says that I need to...
Replies
Views
L
WIRING FOR WALL SMART SWITCH FOR CEILING FAN/LIGHT Just bought a smart wall switch for a ceiling fan/light currently connected to a single switch...
Replies
Views
littletwinn
L
Hi all. I'm new to this forum so thank you for having me. I'm having an issue with my bathroom lights. I have x4 MR11 3.5mm Spots. They've been...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock