Currently reading:
Ceiling Void

Discuss Ceiling Void in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

tomKett

All,

Preparing a rewire for my Elecsa inspection, I am rewiring a bungalow, to rewire the lights there is a void between the ceiling and the roof of approx 4", I am therefore able to thread the cable to the light fitting, however I will be unable to clip the wire, is this acceptable?

regards

Tom

I agree with above and you will find that most assessors do not go over everything with a fine toothcomb. Your review will last about 3 hours for desktop assessment travelling to see both jobs a few questions and then they will also be advising you, so in effect your 3 hours will feel like 10 minutes.

Good luck with your assessment if its your first post any concerns you may have and we will do our best to ensure an easy time unlike the exams where you get ambigiuos and tricky questions the assessment is straightforward.

Chris

Thanks for the replies.

With regards to calculating cable size's and the OSG having tables designed for this, however my cables will all be mounted in plaster within the walls, it would appear I can't use these tables for this installation method?

regards

Tom

Have a look at app 6 page 131, uses "etc"

Have a look also at pages 28 and 29 of the green guide to building regs.

Your instal is method C

I personally like to instal my switch drops in oval conduit making mine method B

Last edited:

Reply to Ceiling Void in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back