Discuss Change of CU and/or eathing system. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
When I am qualified to the correct standard I am thinking of changing my CU.
I currently have a TNS system and a an analogue meter.
My question is; Am I better off changing to a TNCS system with a digital meter?
Any idea of cost?
What is the advantage of TNCS (if any)overTNS.
Thanks
Gerry

Hi Gerry
The supply wont make any differance what meter you want/have TNCS is combined N/E PME so some say better but TNS is still ok wont be worth changing cost/time with meter phone DNO and ask 2 things if cutout fuse isnt marked so to save time later ask the fuse details and mark them down and post next to it also ask when your meter is due for recert the old ana/mech can last upto 25yrs and will have a small gold square sticker on it saying cal date and the new small digital ones last 10yrs also might be worth checking tail size before CU change etc and if cal date is near they might fit an isolation meter for you makes your job easier !
Regards
Kung.

Reply to Change of CU and/or eathing system. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

My son has moved into a house with an obsolete Lutron system. It has started to go wrong and I'm looking at replacing it with a wireless Quinetic...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am a homeowner (but not an electrician) and I am renovating a house that has an old CU containing MCBs and an MK LN5725 residual...
Replies
Views
3 Phase Smart Meter EDMI ES -30 B Install I have a question regarding the potential replacement of my existing EON supplied ELSTER A1140 3...
Replies
Views
I am planning to go semi off grid with a victron and battery system. The system will be installed in an out building about 20 meters away from...
Replies
Views
Hi fellow sparks, I've just started out on my own so I'm spending a lot of my time trying to find out the correct way of doing things of...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock