Discuss Channel (capping) for tails. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
HI all,

got some tails to run down a wall, i can and will run with 50mm depth but would also like some channel to protect aswell, seen some on another job, bloke said it was tophat channel or something like that said it was from eddy's.

done a google search but cant find it, any ideas?

cheers
grand

that stuff is no protection. it thin metal or plastic that can easily be penetrated by nail, screw, or drill. galv, steel conduit (earthed) is your answer

Some manufacturers make steel capping you are describing.
Can’t think of the manufacturer but it’s 4mm thick according to their spec around 200mm wide and is not to be confused with regular galv capping that’s used over twin and earth cables. Never used it personally.

what about protection from the other side of the wall (stud)?

Guess it depends if it’s a stud or masonry wall.
Perhaps the OP can clarify?

old hospital with a 4 foot wall, so no worries about the other side, thanks for the link, just the stuff, i could box it in, but the weall will be dabbed and skimmed if i box it in i think reall i should show that its there but it will look ugly, builder will still saw a 100mm out and illl put some of that capping over it

thanks guys
grand

old hospital with a 4 foot wall, so no worries about the other side, thanks for the link, just the stuff, i could box it in, but the weall will be dabbed and skimmed if i box it in i think reall i should show that its there but it will look ugly, builder will still saw a 100mm out and illl put some of that capping over it

thanks guys
grand
Do you have a spell checker on your system?

Reply to Channel (capping) for tails. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock