Discuss Circuit that displays correct P-N-E on a small portable distro board in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am designing a few small single phase power distribution boards for stage use.

A 63A CeeForm inlet will supply multiple 16A CeeForm outlets

Between the I/O will be a dual pole breaker > a RCD > then individual MCB's for the 16A outlets.

There will also be a panel meter displaying voltage, current & power

On some proprietary distro's of this sort there are also LED's displaying:
  • Correct connection of P-N-E
  • P-N Reversed
  • Neutral Fault
  • Earth Fault
  • + other fault conditions
Like this: http://kelseyacoustics.co.uk/produc...tribution-units-with-13a-sockets-on-the-rear/

I'm researching a circuit that can achieve the above. Can anyone please point me in the right direction.

(One thought is to incorporate a plug in socket tester - but this seems a bit of a cop out...)

Many thanks in anticipation...

Dan

You could always wire some neons (panel mount types) up in the same configuration as the socket testers do. The abvious competence and safety issues apply.

Or alternatively, just include a socket outlet with on say a 6A MCB and plug a socket tester in it.

Edit:- Just read the final part of your post. If I was doing this, it's what I'd go for because it's the easiest approach and means you don't have to worry about getting it wrong.

I like the fact that you are wanting to build them yourself. I have found in the past though when i have looked into building such things that its cheaper to buy them in. You can get quite a range just off the shelf or you can speak directly to manufacturing companies and have them build you distro to your specifications.

I have used this company before for off the shelf things and for special one off builds

Rubber Box - Electrical Power Distros, Rubber Electrical Power Distribution Boxes - http://www.rubberbox.co.uk

RUB185H1 - Power Distribution Box For 63A Electrical Supply - http://www.rubberbox.co.uk/63A-supply/RUB185H1

Reply to Circuit that displays correct P-N-E on a small portable distro board in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock