Discuss Cmon guys - need help to choose fan! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

Cirrus

Am doing a job at the weekend which involves fitting a ceiling mounted bathroom fan. Now, any ideas on how to best switch it as the bathroom is very light so no need to have it come on with lights. Can it be independently switched from a wall outside of the bathroom? Just need some help here on what best to do and any ideas on what I can buy.

Just seen some fans with a pir built in. Looks like a perfect solution. Anyone used one?

Last edited by a moderator:
hey mate,

you could get a descent humidistat fan so it will work when it needs to, doesnt work for number 2's tho i suppose! or why not just fit a 2g switch outside the bathroom, one doing lights and one doing the fan? then they can choose when they want it running and it can still have an overrun incorporated?

cant really think of much else really, it needs some form of switch live so.....

hope this helps

rich

just to add, so long as you take your sw/lives and perm lives and neutral to the fan iso 1st then on to the fan it will be fine

Last edited:
well if you come across any very silent ones, point us in the right direction cirrus, becasue the one in my bathroom makes a racket!

"ICON" fans are nice. maybe not the quietest but about the best looking and each on accepts different "modules" etc so you can alter how it is switched, PIR etc >

If the space allows then a remote fan above the ceiling is quieter. But ££

I've installed a humidity controlled one before. They're not cheap but you don't have the hassle of hooking up to the light switch, just a straight forward fcu . I think it came with a pull cord over-ride for selective use.

if its a loft space, then go for inline fan? or like the other lads said go for a PIR sensor for the fan. There's loads of options, but if its a high spec house then go for a PIR if its your average 3/4 bedroom, switch it on with the lights.

Yeah, think it will have to be switched with the lights or on a seperate pull cord. It's gonna be vented through the eves as no roof vents sadly

i have fitted time adjusted fans before that will not turn on late nights etc. Gone are the days of people accepting them coming on and driving everyone mad !

Reply to Cmon guys - need help to choose fan! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock