Discuss coffee machine plug burned- what to do? in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

AJ16

-
DIY
Reaction score
When our coffee machine was switched on this morning the plug started smoking. One prong is burned black at the end where it goes into the wall socket. I'm just wondering what should be done now. Is it just a case of changing the wall socket and cleaning up the prong/fitting a new plug, or should we let De Long know as it's not a year old yet?

IMG_1942.JPG

IMG_1941.JPG

As already mentioned replace both the socket and the plug together but also check every other appliance that may have been used in that socket, if any of them have plugs with damaged, burned or even discoloured/tarnished pins, replace those plugs as well. Damaged sockets usually damage all plugs that are used in them and likewise those damaged plugs cause damage to any other sockets they're used in.

and use top grade socket. none of the cheap crap.

Reply to coffee machine plug burned- what to do? in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all I have a professional coffe machine working at 220 V and it currently drain about 2,5 kW of power. I have made this simple and horrible...
Replies
Views
Hello My dear old mother tried to clean the tiles in our utility room by using a damp rag and I think some water may have dripped into our plug...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have an old Country villa in Spain. The housing electrics were not good so the house recently has been completely re-wired to a good...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have lifetime experience (50+ years) in United States with basic knowledge of split phase 120/240 volts replacing wall switches and...
Replies
Views
Hi ..right where do i start ..ill do the best i can !! i have an extension lead and in it are plugged a fridge , a separate small freezer ...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock