Discuss CompEx training centre near London? in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi every one!

I’m looking in doing CompEx 01-04 at the end of October.

What will be the best training centre to go for?

Is there one around London? I’ve heard there was one in Basildon but can’t find any contact information to book it.

Thanks

Check below for a list of the centers. There seems to be one in the London area. As to the quality of its training - I have no idea. Most of the centers are around the oil / refinery plants. Teeside, Falkirk, Aberdeen, Manchester and Hull all spring to mind.

CompEx | CompEx Centres - https://www.compex.org.uk/about/compex-centres/

Only thing I would recommend is to avoid Aberdeen due to accommodation etc being crazy high, especially if you are paying yourself for the training.

Last refresher I did was Forth Valley college in Falkirk (very highly recommended), NETA in Billingham, and EPIT in Aberdeen are the other ones I have used - both were ok. My mate also did one at HOTA in Hull which he spoke highly of.

Last edited:
Check below for a list of the centers. There seems to be one in the London area. As to the quality of its training - I have no idea. Most of the centers are around the oil / refinery plants. Teeside, Falkirk, Aberdeen, Manchester and Hull all spring to mind.

CompEx | CompEx Centres - https://www.compex.org.uk/about/compex-centres/

Only thing I would recommend is to avoid Aberdeen due to accommodation etc being crazy high, especially if you are paying yourself for the training.

Last refresher I did was Forth Valley college in Falkirk (very highly recommended), NETA in Billingham, and EPIT in Aberdeen are the other ones I have used - both were ok. My mate also did one at HOTA in Hull which he spoke highly of.

Thanks you Bomjac!

I was able to book in with PROCAT in Basildon.

Would you have any recommendation on how I can prepare my self ?

Thanks!

The center usually will send you some preparation material before the course to read before you go. There is a Facebook group called “Compex Electricians” that has some exam practice and course notes on the files section. Sign up there also.

It’s not difficult, but it is intensive. Pay atttention, ask questions about anything you don’t understand and you should be ok.

Reply to CompEx training centre near London? in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net