Discuss Condition Report Questions in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Morning,

Following issuing a condition report iv been asked to rectify all codes. Once done do i re-issue a condition report with nothing in the observations and add a side note to day its been rectified or do i reissue it with the observations with a side note saying all of the above has been rectified?

Also where circuits have been replace a EIC will be issued but do i also put the new figures onto the condition report?

Thanks

you do the remedials, fill out EIC or MWC as appropriate, then attach said certs to the original EICR. that way, it's obvious that all codes have been rectified.

ps. why does your avatar say elecrtician and DIY?

you do the remedials, fill out EIC or MWC as appropriate, then attach said certs to the original EICR. that way, it's obvious that all codes have been rectified.

ps. why does your avatar say elecrtician and DIY?

Thanks for you reply. some items that have been rectified (IP ratings, down rating fuses, securing cables ect) wont be covered by a EIC or MWC. How do i go about noting that they have been rectified?

To answer your question, im not to sure why it says DIY and iv tried getting hold of a staff member to change it as i cant find out how to do it myself on my profile. As of yet iv had no joy changing it.

add a comments page detailing these minor issues.

it will need a member of staff to alter your status. try a pm to GMES or Marvo.

Pm sent mate I'm just on phone so don't want to start navigating things from this.
Also only staff can alter those settings for obvious reasons. At the moment my 8 stone pooch in in my place having a nap after his morning run, feel free to come and move him lol.:D

Condition Report Questions 552417_2274579721016_285580829_n - EletriciansForums.net

You should now be a regular member woody and lost the DIY tag.

Just to chuck a curved ball in this ....

If the EICR is to be given to a letting agent, this "original EICR ad other certs tactic" won't work - they will want a "satisfactory" report and if this is the case you will need to update the original (and charge accordingly)!

Just saying....

Thanks GMES!

Valid point Murdoch, although its not for a lanlord that's how i thought i would have to do it along with adding the EIC for the new circuits that i have installed

Do the works, issue MWC, EIC and reissue a new EICR with satisfactory on it, assuming you don't find a load of other stuff wrong.

OK Tin hat on. The last time I was in this situation, I provided the client with a plain English, written statement of what the problems were, along with a quote for putting it right. I gave them the option of either just paying for the unsatisfactory EICR and getting other quotes for the work required, or accepting my quote for the remedial work. I then provided certs for the remedial work and a satisfactory EICR. A lot of customers are bamboozled by the EICR and just want things put right? As long as we don't seek to take advantage of the situation I don't see whats wrong with this, but I suppose some unscrupulous people might try and take advantage. I think charging for 2 EICR's and doing the work is taking the mick really, all they want at the end of it all is a cert that says "satisfactory", not one that says "unsatisfactory" with some others attached to it?

OK Tin hat on. The last time I was in this situation, I provided the client with a plain English, written statement of what the problems were, along with a quote for putting it right. I gave them the option of either just paying for the unsatisfactory EICR and getting other quotes for the work required, or accepting my quote for the remedial work. I then provided certs for the remedial work and a satisfactory EICR. A lot of customers are bamboozled by the EICR and just want things put right? As long as we don't seek to take advantage of the situation I don't see whats wrong with this, but I suppose some unscrupulous people might try and take advantage. I think charging for 2 EICR's and doing the work is taking the mick really, all they want at the end of it all is a cert that says "satisfactory", not one that says "unsatisfactory" with some others attached to it?
We have a client who does just that, test it, correct it and give me a satisfactory Report.

I agree @sparksburnout especially where in one case missing blanker, issued certificate then ran to wholesalers got an mcb filled blank. I mean really I would have felt like blakey from on the buses saying no sorry no can do gotta give you unsatisfactory report. Do the work then re-issue....purleeasse give me strength where has common sense gone. Ay yay yay!

I agree @sparksburnout especially where in one case missing blanker, issued certificate then ran to wholesalers got an mcb filled blank. I mean really I would have felt like blakey from on the buses saying no sorry no can do gotta give you unsatisfactory report. Do the work then re-issue....purleeasse give me strength where has common sense gone. Ay yay yay!
Probably not about common sense, he may have done the EICR then client later says can you put it right.

I have to say that it isn't correct to reissue an EICR with "Satisfactory" written on it.

The correct way is an Unsatisfactory EICR followed by an EIC or MEIWC(s) detailing the issues rectified (citing the EICR if you want).

For another EICR to be issued should require another periodic inspection and test of the electrical installation - but there is no sensible reason for wanting this with "Satisfactory" written on it. The fact that the remedial work has been certified proves that it is safe and in fact that whatever work was done complies with BS 7671:2008 (2015) - something which the EICR wouldn't prove anyway.

I have to say that it isn't correct to reissue an EICR with "Satisfactory" written on it.

The correct way is an Unsatisfactory EICR followed by an EIC or MEIWC(s) detailing the issues rectified (citing the EICR if you want).

For another EICR to be issued should require another periodic inspection and test of the electrical installation - but there is no sensible reason for wanting this with "Satisfactory" written on it. The fact that the remedial work has been certified proves that it is safe and in fact that whatever work was done complies with BS 7671:2008 (2015) - something which the EICR wouldn't prove anyway.
You try telling that to some 18 year old with half a brain in a letting agents office.

Reply to Condition Report Questions in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock