Discuss Connecting hand held Vaccume cleaner to car in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi i am having a philips FC6149 rechargable vacume cleaner.
Its rechargable battery got damaged so it was powered by 3 rechargable "4/5 SC battery with 1500 mAh with 1.2 V" each.

Can i disconect (remove) this battery and power the positive and negative wires connected to the battery to my car positive and negative wires.... Will it work or get damage

3 x 1.2v = 3.6v
Your car battery is 12v.
Likely to be a hand-held fireball.
Suggest you get replacement batteries.
You are right car battery is 12 V but i tik 12 V is only for car and ports in car is equipped with 5 V or less than dat... but not quite sure... Any idea ?

You are right car battery is 12 V but i tik 12 V is only for car and ports in car is equipped with 5 V or less than dat... but not quite sure... Any idea ?

There may well be a USB port in the car which is 5 Volts, but it would be unlikely to have enough power to feed your vacuum cleaner.

Reply to Connecting hand held Vaccume cleaner to car in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Once again I am using the Engineering chat as I think my question is more theoretical rather than 'diy advice'. If I am misusing the forum...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking to do some cable runs for cat6 etc in my house and was looking for some advice on blind wiring. I'm not skilled but I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. The owner of the business I work for along with myself have created a DIY inverter setup that is giving us some issues. We bought...
Replies
Views
Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hope someone could help with below situation or recommend a good forum to ask about or find information on as I read a lot on the forums and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock