Discuss Cooker in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

Peter Woodford

This has more than likely been asked before. A mate of mine has asked for a new electric cooker to
Be installed when looking at it it has a 2.5mm flex attached to it. Is this right cannot find any details on what it pulls on the cooker itself.

Cheers

Plenty of table top type cookers that run of a 13A socket, and even ovens with 1 or 1.5 or 2 Kw. elements or combinations of these which will happily run on 2.5. You really need to know what load your dealing with.
Suggest you check the manufacturers website or even a retailers site and check out the model number for details.
If it's under 3Kw. then 2.5 flex should be OK.

are we talking about an oven rather than a free standing cooker
oven normally 2 to 3kw but could be higher fan assisted ect the rating plate
if not on the back will be on the casing inside the door

are we talking about an oven rather than a free standing cooker
oven normally 2 to 3kw but could be higher fan assisted ect the rating plate
if not on the back will be on the casing inside the door

It's a oven just confused me a bit when it has a 2.5 flex already fitted to it

Cheers

MOST single ovens can run from a 13A plug, however, any cooking appliance over 2kW should have its own dedicated circuit to prevent long periods of heavy load on the RFC.

MOST single ovens can run from a 13A plug, however, any cooking appliance over 2kW should have its own dedicated circuit to prevent long periods of heavy load on the RFC.

No disputing that, but OP had only asked if the fitted 2.5 flex was OK. We are are still trying to establish what the Kw. of the offending oven is. Up to this point the OP hasn't said what circuit it would be connected to. I had assumed it would be to an existing cooker circuit.

Reply to Cooker in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock