Discuss Correct Type-S Upfront RCD for 3Ph TT System in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yes, so long as the RCD has some form of 100A limiting there such as from the DNO fuses, or sum of down-stream OCPD.
What are your thoughts on placing the RCD prior to the meters?

Supply head > RCD > Meters > Switched Fuse > Sub main

I know that technically that's the meter companies side, however, I have little choice given the split of the three phases occurs before the meters. The other option would be to install 5 x 2 pole RCDs with 63Amp MCBs. No way the landlord would be willing to pay for that. Stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Last edited:
I don't know.

If it was some sort of BNO arrangement then I guess you would be entitled to putting a disconnecter of some sort before the split/distribution to the meter but I don't think this is the case you are discussing?

The other thought is why TT? It is purely historial reasons and now you get the DNO to make it a PME system to have a low impedance earth instead of the RCD?

Reply to Correct Type-S Upfront RCD for 3Ph TT System in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello Need to replace a distribution board in the next few weeks to allow for more circuits to be installed in January. Existing is a TT system...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was wondering if the wylex/Proteus SPD Isolators where dual isolator, they have 4 terminals at the bottom, can you use them to take 2 sets...
Replies
Views
Hi all, First time post to the forums, I hope you all go easy on me! We are undertaking an electrical install as apart of a solar PV...
Replies
Views
I am going to need to install a small amount of galvanised steel conduit, leading down to perhaps 4 sockets and a light switch. This is in a...
Replies
Views
I don't think I have worked with 32mm conduit before. Always 25mm and 20mm. I want to contain 2 x 25mm tails and 1 x 16mm earth in some 32mm...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock